Hawkstone Park October 16th 2016, Event Write up....

Chrisby

• Platinum Member
Danielcmorris

Great event, great site and great to meet you all. As a first timer I couldnt believe how welcoming everyone was and appreciate all the tips and encouragement, I'm looking forward to the next one!! (ps Chris cheers for the spare CB)

IMG_2259.thumb.JPG.5feae8ee6f020e48ea2a89531b1900ed.JPG

IMG_2260.thumb.JPG.35d09821ffef3f251c9b5b6cdac0048c.JPG

IMG_2264.thumb.JPG.208b7bfcfd04c6abdd9497292be96485.JPG

IMG_2270.thumb.JPG.c0276373e3761f5cc83e3c47be83f2f7.JPG

IMG_2255.thumb.JPG.2ad14511933e006eff1915a60efe3d2a.JPG

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.6c16fbbd02cc3182d02ba0c4d4d3d377.JPG

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Huge thanks for those who set up the event and as always huge thanks to Billy and Keith for running the site good to meet folk and pushed my KJ into bits of the site Im not used to great stuff

Excellently pictures highlighting what was no doubt a great day.

Well done to all who organised this event and to the members for supporting it.

• Platinum Member

Another great JOC day out, turned out beautiful in spite of the morning deluge. Thanks as usual to everyone who went and who organised and made it such a good day. Particular mention to the guys from the Hawstone site for great and friendly help and guidance. Hawkstone is a real gem of a site, really slippy on the day but strangely not very muddy, great to drive in the trees ( and into the trees Dan  :rofl: or was it just the wind ) made a real change from quarries and gravel pits, hope this becomes a regular on the calendar  :great:

Woody: WooHoo !! :icon_e_biggrin:.....erm I mean sorry to hear you lost all your photos. Here are the ones I took of you coming out of that hole on section 3, I'll drop them on an email if you like.

As ever there is always something to be learned from these outings, so what did we learn from Hawkstone:

a) Mud Terrains really do make a difference

b) Just how good hill descent is on the JK, never used it before but is a really handy thing to have when it's slippy

c) Don't stand on flat wet mossy rocks

Cheers and thanks again to all.

IMG_0753.thumb.JPG.60c0bc0d373763332dd21b153c9298fb.JPG

IMG_0754.thumb.JPG.6605c862c5b75a9e42550281230888ea.JPG

IMG_0755.thumb.JPG.615c15b1166abd8d3438f5b19c56990e.JPG

• Platinum Member

Ah wow. so gutted I missed it, looked amazing, some good looking jeeps.

Hopefully next time  :great:

• Platinum Member

Had a top day at Hawkstone on the Sunday, that bit of rain early morning sure made some of the climbs a bit more interesting...

Only took a couple of photos of mine, I look forward to another event meet up in the future

Cameron

IMG_1598_zpsw5viwzsg.jpg

IMG_1600_zps4owh9slr.jpg

• Platinum Member

Thanks for orginising this event, very enjoyable even though it was very slippy in places. Good meeting some of the members. Will have to try to attend more next year. Also big thanks to the guys who assisted & pulled me out when I got stuck in a rut  :great:

• Administrators

Looks a great site

Only in a Jeep

It really is a great site ! Only now open to Clubs due too many issues with the general "Pay & Play"