fitting recovery hooks

fen01

• Platinum Member

Hi,

Does anyone know whether recovery hooks can be fitted to a JKU with standard bumpers?  Having scrabbled under a Rubicon here in the US, it looks like fitting the rear ones may be okay with the UK spec rear bumper.  For the front, will I have to cut the factory fit front bumper?  I'm a little reluctant to buy a new front bumper.

cheers

• Platinum Member

Hi,

Does anyone know whether recovery hooks can be fitted to a JKU with standard bumpers?  Having scrabbled under a Rubicon here in the US, it looks like fitting the rear ones may be okay with the UK spec rear bumper.  For the front, will I have to cut the factory fit front bumper?  I'm a little reluctant to buy a new front bumper.

cheers

c'mon Fen, you're not fooling anyone with this "I really need recovery hooks" ploy for the benefit of Mrs Fenton :icon_e_biggrin: get the recovery hooks you really want........ the nice red ones attached to the 10th Anniversary bumper  :icon_cool:

• Platinum Member

c'mon Fen, you're not fooling anyone with this "I really need recovery hooks" ploy for the benefit of Mrs Fenton :icon_e_biggrin: get the recovery hooks you really want........ the nice red ones attached to the 10th Anniversary bumper  :icon_cool:

Tim,  cheers for this...

I'm looking to get the rear hooks whilst I'm out here.  Just need to understand whether they will fit round a standard UK spec rear bumper.

As for the front bumper; seeing so many 75 anniversary jeeps, in the green, with the 10th Anniversary bumper makes me want to get one!!  Just have an issue with the price, shipping and import taxes now the £ has dropped against the $ again.

Plus, it's new tries next..

• Platinum Member

Tim,  cheers for this...

I'm looking to get the rear hooks whilst I'm out here.  Just need to understand whether they will fit round a standard UK spec rear bumper.

As for the front bumper; seeing so many 75 anniversary jeeps, in the green, with the 10th Anniversary bumper makes me want to get one!!  Just have an issue with the price, shipping and import taxes now the £ has dropped against the $ again.

Plus, it's new tries next..

:mdr: Sorry mate, couldn't resist! know you've been eyeing that 10A bumper for a while. Sadly the exch rate is bad and probably only getting worse ....... so now's the time  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce: !! Have you tried Morris to see if you can get any JOC discount on it? I haven't had any luck so far.

What tyres are you going for? Staying with the black wheels I take it?

• Platinum Member

with friends....

I'm not sure on the tyres yet, I only finally decided yesterday.....

I know I'm restricted by the diameter of the wheel, possibly a 265 65, or slightly larger.  I'm not bothered about lifting, just want something which will fill the wheel well, so may even look at adding a spacer in there....