The Jeep Patriot Rusty Part Fawlty Towers Quiz

Ringo

• Platinum Member

I was getting my rear speed sensors replaced on my 2008 Jeep Patriot yesterday and discovered that another part needs to be replaced due to corrosion.  The only issue is I'm in Gibraltar and the mechanic is Spanish, and after a 10-minute Fawlty Towers-style convo (which included random passers-by) I gave up on trying to find out the name of the part, politely bidded Manuel a fond farewell and went for a few scoops.

So, the first one to tell me the name of the part indicated with a screwdriver in the photo gets a free weekend in a subtly racist badly-run hotel in 1970's Torquay.

WP_20161005_16_23_29_Pro.thumb.jpg.97c1fc9b23fa2eedf85f9f3445439e33.jpg

• Platinum Member

Ok so it looks like one of the CV drive shafts? Got any more info? Front/rear left/right. What part in particular?

• Platinum Member
mad mechanic

The cv joint goes through a bearing assy which has the clip attached that secures the abs  sensor.  As far as I can remember it is part of the rear hub assy. The one I did last week was the same...the ring had rotted through and the sensor kept falling off.

• Platinum Member

Ok so it looks like one of the CV drive shafts? Got any more info? Front/rear left/right. What part in particular?

It's the rear right...it's the metal piece that the speed sensor attaches itself to.