not sure if this is the right place to post this...

chriswildman

• Platinum Member
chriswildman

hi all, i have an orange renegade like the one in the pic, i found this online and if love to replicate the orange grille surrounds and the eyelids.

would anyone know how to go about doing this without having to replace/remove parts? thanks

ALSO any other removable modification suggestions would be appreciated, as the car is a lease

d4Bpaus.thumb.jpg.5959cba47b3566add5703a27c60ae66a.jpg

• Platinum Member

there is pictures on facebook renegade owners page of this car being modified but the grill inserts were all removed for painting :/ 

• Platinum Member
chriswildman

ahhh okay, dont think id trust myself to do it without breaking them, i think ill try to do the lights with some carbon wrap tonight tho

• Platinum Member

others have wrapped them in place said it took hours another guy made a template to fit in the grill section and masked the outside before spraying with plasticoat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Was thinking the same, only problem is that the car has to go back completely original, so would plasti dip damage it?

• Platinum Member

Ah well in that case I'll be doing that haha.

And I love the bonnet decal, but it has to go back completely standard so I don't tHinksey i could put it on  :icon_e_sad:

• Platinum Member

Also what tyres are those? The car looks beast sat on them. I might have to buy some haha

• Platinum Member

they're BF Goodrich All Terains 225/70 16's on rene Sport rims these are for the winter to save the standard 18's

• Platinum Member

Wife says she prefers the 'Summer' look but this way i suppose it keeps the wear and tear down..

P1000741_3173_zpsecwjink0.jpg

• Platinum Member

Wife says she prefers the 'Summer' look but this way i suppose it keeps the wear and tear down..

P1000741_3173_zpsecwjink0.jpg

Especially when you park behind her and she can't get out!

I like the winter tyres though, look great

• Platinum Member

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: . Bought myself some wind deflectors after seeing how they look, also got some plasti dip to do the jeep badge

• Platinum Member

Thanks! Was a lot of fun doing it with plasti dip haha. Will do the rear badge tomorrow and maybe the inner star part of my wheels in the week! Haven't decided yet

How did you find the plastidip ?

I sprayed a whole car in it a few months back , great results!  just took a bit of time peeling off the parts not needed in Gecko Green!

Bought 4L of it for my TJ but never got around to it. Sprayed a friends sons A4 with it in the end to get rid of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk