Salisbury Plains Weekend with Night Drive January 7/8 2017 - FULL

stewart

• Administrators

Salisbury Plains Weekend with Night Drive January 7&8th 2017

The Plains is nearly 300 square miles and primarly used as a military training area, We will drive over a large area and maybe through the big gun impact area (target area). It will probably be very muddy so or even snow this time of year recovery hooks are essential. Please note that tow bars are not a safe recovery point so please have recovery points that are physically attached to the chassis of the Jeep where possible.  All terrain tyres recommended.

This is a favourite for many people due to the vast size and terrain.

Details

Start Point:- Solstice Park

Mid Summer Place

Amesbury, Salisbury SP4 7SQ

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=417115&Y=142053&A=Y&Z=110

Start & Finish Times

Saturday Start Time:- 16.00hrs meet for 16:.30 start.  Finish at 19:30

Sunday  Start Time:- 09.00hrs meet for 10:.00 start.  Finish at 15:30

Places to Stay :

Holiday Inn http://hisalisbury-stonehenge.co.uk/?src=ppc_googleuk_brandy&gclid=CL24j8TNwLoCFQrJtAod0jkA5w

Premier Inn Andover

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/ANDBRE/andover

Team

Stewart

Jim

Chris

Jules

Please can we ask for a small donation for charity 

Group A 

1. TimC - Confirmed.    Saturday and Sunday

2. PTE993 - Confirmed.    Saturday and Sunday

3. fen01 - Confirmed.    Saturday and Sunday

Group B

1.marty and lucy - Confirmed.    Sunday

2.Palmer - Confirmed.    Saturday and Sunday

3.GaryD - Confirmed.    Saturday and Sunday

Group C 

1.JustJeeepin  - Confirmed.    Saturday

2.Snowman  - Confirmed.    Sunday

3.Fruitbat  - Confirmed.    Sunday

Group D

1. Vuck Roger - Confirmed.    Sunday

2. Savman - Confirmed.    Saturday and Sunday

3. Chrisproalfa - Confirmed.    Saturday and Sunday

Reserves:

Yellow

Danielcmorris.

[smg id=570 type= box align=center width=600]

[smg id=689 type= box align=center width=600]

Important note: Please can all members ensure that they stick to the marked tracks at all times. There are some areas which are tempting to explore but are out of bounds! This is particularly important when crossing the Firing ranges as unexploded ordinance can present anywhere off the permitted track! 

By signing up you understand that you are responsible for your own actions and the club accepts no responsibility for any damage or injury however caused

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jules

• Snowman

• TimC

• Vuck Roger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be about in January, Normally a quite month . Nighttime driving is always good fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member
marty and lucy

Please put me with (recently lifted!) TJ down for Sunday.

(Hopefully no repeat of Jeep Camp where If had to be pulled out backwards by Stewart!  :icon_rolleyes:)

Live approx 1hr drive away so will probably come down just for the day.

Thanks, Marty

• Platinum Member

:grrrrrr:I'm working :grrrrrr: I'm emailing my boss to try and change some days. Don't wana miss this one!

• Platinum Member

most annoying maynot be able to make this trip its my weekend in work  :grrrrrr:  .  :icon_cry: i'll have to see tomorrow if at least one day is available .

• Platinum Member

Sadly after the inital intrest this is the only weekend in Jan i cant make will be on holiday have fun everyone and i hope its run later in the year as well.

• Platinum Member

Yes please - we're in! Phill & Sandra Palmer. Does this message count as a booking or do we need to do it elsewhere? Thanks!

• Platinum Member

Sadly after the inital intrest this is the only weekend in Jan i cant make will be on holiday have fun everyone and i hope its run later in the year as well.

That's a shame Woody  :icon_e_sad: the ideal opportunity to try out the new MTs, we'll have to get a few lanes organised instead soon. ( let me know how the rust treatment goes at PB as I'm thinking of doing the same )

Cheers

• Platinum Member

That's a shame Woody  :icon_e_sad: the ideal opportunity to try out the new MTs, we'll have to get a few lanes organised instead soon. ( let me know how the rust treatment goes at PB as I'm thinking of doing the same )

Cheers

hi tim add me to lanes or what ever mate lol . as for the dinitrol rust proofing have it done tim,  paul made a brilliant job of mine looks brand new  :great:

• Platinum Member

Salisbury Plains are a fantastic trip, sadly I'm not free this weekend, as much as I'd have loved to go!

• Administrators

Salisbury Plains are a fantastic trip, sadly I'm not free this weekend, as much as I'd have loved to go!

Don't worry all of those who can't make this trip there will be another later + Wales, North Yorkshire - Cumbria, Thetford  plus many others !!

Don't forget to bring a CB those who have them please.

And those who do not..........it would be a good idea to add to your Christmas list!  :icon_santa: :great:

• Platinum Member

Sorry if I'm repeating a text but can you add kev (fruit bat) as well he is having trouble getting on the site we would like to do the  Sunday only and put us in the same group if poss cheers. :wav1