best/standard goto polybush suppliers

RichBris86

• Platinum Member

Hi all,

now that ive decided what lift kit to get, im toying with the idea of polybushing my XJ while ive got everything apart, to save me having to stript it down again later on. ive found a few kits on ebay, but they are all from companies ive never heard of.

has anyone else put polybush kits in there XJ's and if so, what are your thoughts/experiences with them?

Cheers

• Platinum Member

Have used Superpro on anti roll bar, coil spacer and rear shackles. Didn't like the rear shackles one as kept squeaking. Had to drop the shackle each time to add the lubricant. Ended up going back to standard.

The roll bar and coil spacer have lasted well with no issues

Only in a Jeep

• Platinum Member

I've never put polybushes on any vehicle I've had and I'll tell you why. Years ago a very experienced old sage told me that when vehicles are designed and built they put rubber bushes on them This allows a bit of flex, a bit of sound absorption, and spreads all the mechanical forces and shocks around the vehicle. But they do need changing from time to time depending on how the vehicle is used.

Polybushes are solid and do a job, but they can lead to a harder ride, a bit noisier and the forces have to go somewhere and be absorbed, so other components take more strain, as does the chassis, welds etc, not good on an old vehicle?  If the vehicle is only being used as a serious off roader, or other competition type vehicle, fine, but if it's your daily drive then maybe not?

This is a personal view, shared by some, but others will have a different view. Such are the joys of a forum such as this to exchange views and opinions.

• Platinum Member

I've never put polybushes on any vehicle I've had and I'll tell you why. Years ago a very experienced old sage told me that when vehicles are designed and built they put rubber bushes on them This allows a bit of flex, a bit of sound absorption, and spreads all the mechanical forces and shocks around the vehicle. But they do need changing from time to time depending on how the vehicle is used.

Polybushes are solid and do a job, but they can lead to a harder ride, a bit noisier and the forces have to go somewhere and be absorbed, so other components take more strain, as does the chassis, welds etc, not good on an old vehicle?  If the vehicle is only being used as a serious off roader, or other competition type vehicle, fine, but if it's your daily drive then maybe not?

This is a personal view, shared by some, but others will have a different view. Such are the joys of a forum such as this to exchange views and opinions.

this makes a lot of sense to be honest, and it will be my daily drive, so comfort does come first.