33" Vs 35" Tyres

Danielcmorris

• Platinum Member

Hi Guys,

Calling all you modified jeep owners to help me make a tough decision. My new wrangler rubicon will be arriving soon and will then be booked in for some work to be done (pictures to follow) this includes 2.5" lift, AEV bumpers and new lights to give it a mean stance!

HOWEVER!!! I cannot decide between 33" tyres vs 35" tyres. I've tried looking online and so many adverts don't list the tyre size so I am hoping some of you may have some ideas or have some pictures of 33" on a 3 door vs a 35" on a 3 door wrangler???

I did originally like the 33" cooper tyres but stI'll can't decide :s

• Platinum Member

Morning. My missus and I have identical Teraflex 2.5 lifts on two JKU Rubicons I run 33's on my JKU Rubicon to keep within tyre spec when using the factory 10A she runs 35's on AEV Pintler Beadlocks.

Very noticeable handling differences on and off road. Not 3 doors but will pm you a couple of pics.

• Platinum Member

If you google 33 (or 35) with 2.5 lift, the US Wrangler forums have masses of stuff.  For me it's the associated cost, i'd aim to re-gear as well if i went 35s.  Expensive......

• Platinum Member

Thanks Both, I had a look at the US forum (thanks for that) and decided to go 33" as it seems best on road but still gives me off road ability without rubbing.

Thanks again :)