tyre / wheel help please

woody-Jeep

• Platinum Member

Hi looking at getting some new shoes (mud), sizes being considered are 33x12.50 or 32x11.50 both r15, will these fit on the standard jeep rims or will i need to buy wider steel rims  :scratch:

cheers Woody  :glasses:

Account_Deleted_02

Hi Woody. Both tyre sizes will physically fit on the rims but unless you fit wheel spacers, they won't have enough offset and will rub on your control arms etc when steering.

You are better to go for a 15 x 8 steel wheel with 0 offset.

• Platinum Member

Hi Woody. Both tyre sizes will physically fit on the rims but unless you fit wheel spacers, they won't have enough offset and will rub on your control arms etc when steering.

You are better to go for a 15 x 8 steel wheel with 0 offset.

hi Graham thanks for that, i already have 32mm spacers on each wheel fitted when i first got the jeep (first mod) to give it a wider look  :rofl: do you think i will get away with these

That's interesting ... I didn't think either 11.50 or 12.50 will fit on standard rims ... But as you say it might be because of the back spacing not the rim width  :suspect:

Account_Deleted_02

hi Graham thanks for that, i already have 32mm spacers on each wheel fitted when i first got the jeep (first mod) to give it a wider look  :rofl: do you think i will get away with these

It'll certainly help. What sort of wheel spacers are they?  Do they bolt to the jeep and then you bolt the wheels to

them?

• Platinum Member

It'll certainly help. What sort of wheel spacers are they?  Do they bolt to the jeep and then you bolt the wheels to

them?

Hi Graham , yes they are hub centric spacers that are bolted directly on to the jeep, what size are the tyres in the photo ? Im currently running 265 x 70 but theg are ats and im looking to go for muds

• Platinum Member

The tyres in the photo are 33/12.50/15.

265/70/15 are pretty much a 31/10.50/15.

A couple more questions,

What size lift have you got ?

Do the tyre pertrude past the flares by much ?

And have you got spacers and what size ?

Thanks for all the info Woody  :great:

Account_Deleted_02

Hi Woody,

That's not my Jeep. It's just an image to show 33/12.50's on stock rims.

Mines running 235/85/16 (almost 32's) on a 2" lift.  I run with narrower tyres for grip. Wider tyres are good for rocks, sand and to look cool.  Not so good in mud as they tend to float.

image.thumb.jpeg.9d62e0255afb63e832d54c680c277852.jpeg

• Platinum Member

Hi Woody,

That's not my Jeep. It's just an image to show 33/12.50's on stock rims.

Mines running 235/85/16 (almost 32's) on a 2" lift.  I run with narrower tyres for grip. Wider tyres are good for rocks, sand and to look cool.  Not so good in mud as they tend to float.

cheers Graham i will have a look at 16 " i hadn't given that any consideration and weigh up the options .??.