Northants Lanes

TimC

• Platinum Member

Is anyone who was interested in doing the Northants Lanes run ( or anyone else for that matter ) that was scheduled for 11th Sept fancy going ahead and doing a few "unofficially" ? Might not be up to what Chris had planned but same day , same general area, anyone up for it?

• Platinum Member

Cant do the 11th plus Jeep hasnt quite recovered from Serbia, few things to deal with from the trip. Still interested though.

• Platinum Member

OK, sounds good then. I still have 11th booked out in the diary so we'll stick to the date. As this is unofficial if anyone has any preferences about where/when to start or where to go then let me know, otherwise I'll pencil in a few and update this thread or PM you guys.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Is anyone who was interested in doing the Northants Lanes run ( or anyone else for that matter ) that was scheduled for 11th Sept fancy going ahead and doing a few "unofficially" ? Might not be up to what Chris had planned but same day , same general area, anyone up for it?

hi tim I would have been up for this but in work over that weekend  :grrrrrr:

• Platinum Member

I'll let you know... 

Not too sure what I'm up to on 11th

Go on Fen ....... "you know you want to" .  About time to try out that RR body armour I should think. Come out and get your wheels muddy.

Rob, Pete, Stew : Don't know about the other guys but for me that's the only weekend I have left in September before the TROs go back on, sorry. Stew, let me know if you can make it. Rob: see you at Thetford. Will check route Monday/Tuesday and update

Cheers

• Platinum Member

Hi, put me & my bro' ( club member jeepscate) down for this, how extreme/ hardcore is it going to be as he wants to bring his young son along, cheers.

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Look forward to the update...heard the lanes get TROd for the winter In theory wheres the start point....sunday could be OK for me

• Platinum Member

OK, looks good to go on this one  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

So far it's Me, Andy, Jerry plus possibly Stew ...maybe Fen, and possibly Trev and Trevs brother. I was thinking 3 or 4 jeeps, more than that I'd personally rather go two groups but since this is NOT a JOC trip it's up to everyone involved.

Kowalski, there isn't anything I know of that's hardcore on this trip but there are a couple of tricky bits I know of and some scratchy bits but anything we can't clear can easily be bypassed by anyone who doesn't want to damage their pride and Joy.

Trevor are you bringing two Jeeps down or coming in one with your brother? In my opinion one might be easier on numbers and navigating but it's up to you.

I've got a provisional route but nothings set in stone so we might change it if anyone wants to ( Andy I'm thinking you being a Northants guy you might have some possible recommendations ) I have not predriven  any of these although Fen and I did do a walking recce on some of them back in April when the TROs were on so I have no idea what condition they are in now. We'll have to be flexible, which is half the fun. As before there are a lot of opportunities to get lost/separated since the lanes are quite split up so CBs if you've got them. Also if anyone's got any OS landranger maps ( 151,152,140,141 ) or the 1:25000 Explorer maps ( 223, 224 or 207 ) it would be really handy to have another set in case we run two groups or anyone gets lost.

Possible jump off point McDonalds, Brackley Rd Towcester ( Just off the A43 ) NN12 6TQ at around 9.30 for a bit of breakfast or open to suggestions.

Give me some feedback and let me know what you think and who's still on for this.

Cheers

Tim   

• Platinum Member

I'd like to put my name down on this please. It'd be me, my Son, and the little'un

• Platinum Member

I'd like to put my name down on this please. It'd be me, my Son, and the little'un

Done !  :great:

• Platinum Member

Hi, my brother me will be coming in two Jeeps with his son see you on sun.

• Platinum Member

I've got a chap coming to buy an old car on this day now, would've loved to come.

• Platinum Member

folks i'm really sorry but will have to dip out on this one. A customer needs work doing before he goes away... bugger!

• Platinum Member

Hi Tim,

I've lost track of who and how many are coming Sunday?

Presumably we're still on?

• Platinum Member

No Worries mate  :glasses:

Well, the YJ passed it's MOT today so looks like it's four for Sunday then:

JerryG - KJ

Jeepscate - XJ

KowalskiXJ - XJ (surprise! :mdr:)

TimC -YJ

bit of a Cherokee day out, weather forecast is good.

Four's good for one group, a couple of reminders though:

This is a DIY lanes trip NOT a JOC lead trip so we'll rotate lead and tail Jeeps quite a lot ( I'm not taking point the whole day )

Usual Lanes Etiquette still applies and everyone's responsible for their own vehicles and any damage you do to it/anything else

Meeting NN12 6TQ 09:30. Jerry, there is a Little Chef here at this service area as well as a Mcdonalds so we can choose Olympic breakfast or sausage n egg Mcmuffin, depending what people fancy. There is also  BP fuel and an M&S food so if you haven't brought a packed lunch you can stock up on sandwiches. We could do pub lunch but I don't know what's available in the area so it would be taking our chances, packed lunch probably better.

Don't forget the CBs and as Jules says " bring your good humour and enthusiasm"

Hopefully weather will hold and it'll be a good day out - might even get the top off the YJ

Can't think of anything else, let me know if you've any questions, see you Sunday, oh ....I'll be the one in the Jeep  :icon_e_biggrin:

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Thanks Tim,

I don't know any lanes in this area but I'm happy to be 'tail end Charlie' and/or lead off on some.

See you all Sunday.