Peterborough Land Rover Show 17-18 September 2016

jocadmin

• Platinum Member

After a successful visit to last year's show the JOC has been invited back to this year's show. We have been approached by an increasing number of traditional LR owners so this will be a good opportunity for the Jeep Owners Club to be on hand to answer any approaches.

Club Sponsor Yorkshire 4x4 Treks will also have a display stand at the show detailing their many upcoming expeditions.

We have room for one or two more Jeeps so if you would like to display your Jeep on either or both days please express your interest asap.

****Please note that traffic will be cut off at 8:30am each day for anyone wishing to put their Jeep on display.

• Platinum Member

I would like to attend and get the Yellow Peril on the "stand" on the Sunday please.

Jim

• Platinum Member

I will be there on Saturday, I might even polish the jeep for the occasion. Depending on when Jules is coming up for the Thetford trip on Sunday, I might have to leave a little early.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Great day on the stand and trooping the flag. Good number of visitors -- and even some banter. Looking forward to tomorrow.

• Platinum Member

Looks like a decent Stand Jim, I think I'll have to get a couple of JOC stickers from you tomorrow after all. Looking forward to seeing you in the morning.

• Platinum Member

Good stand today guys. The attitude from some of the LR boys on the LRO facebook page is quite shocking! cant believe how hostile they are towards a few jeeps in a field of a million land rovers... beyond banter some comments, serious complaints haha.

That aside, good show albeit a lot of tat for sale! ventured to Tixover for their offroad course (only jeep on it). Thought it was pay and play session when i paid 25 quid, turned out to be for 1 lap  :icon_eek: their difficult claypit section i managed to do in 4 high auto, but hey ho. (was there to try out my mates new D4 so not really the point)

somehow got the jeep into the land rover parking area, to the dismay of the guy in the defender next to me trying to take a new FB cover photo... he then commented on my light bar so all good!

anyway as i said, good stand lads.

• Platinum Member

Thanks for your support and missed you on a few occasions but well done and in true Jeep Owner style, showing that we opt to take the high road (which very often Land Rovers struggle to reach)

• Platinum Member

I was at the show today, and thoroughly enjoyed it a good laugh with good company oh yes and the obligatory few idiots that need to learn the history of their vehicles, love the comments on the LRO Facebook page!

• Platinum Member

Thanks for your support and missed you on a few occasions but well done and in true Jeep Owner style, showing that we opt to take the high road (which very often Land Rovers struggle to reach)

the couple of times i walked around you guys were deep in conversation with members of the public! didnt want to but in! but never the less had a good nose at that AEV brute!

• Platinum Member

What a busy show! lots to see, albeit old bits for old LRs. Other interesting stuff as well of course, including Adrian Flux booth  :icon_eek:

I'm pleased that JOC got an invite to participate, thank you indeed Nene Overland :great:

P9180791_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.08ed46ce18eac231eaaba193014cc423.jpg

P9180789_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.8a1aac63f820aca6865c3d6c50b32204.jpg

P9180787_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.bedc68bce56d071bb83b36b07e3447b8.jpg

P9180783_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.e12341592aef629f45fd9df7ab74c1bf.jpg

P9180782_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.103793d65d1d8cea0171f0c3a269726b.jpg

P9180781_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.3faa07eff485c08649e2f5ca9c35f281.jpg

P9180778_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.a787f09c8e878412b59af62c3e365a7a.jpg

P9180777_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.2b98033996358a73c45c3bbe7e98736b.jpg

P9180776_1024_pixels.thumb.jpg.3fc99431206b97ec04d1eabca8936771.jpg

Spencer Wilks:

"In 1947, he founded Land Rover around Maurice's design for a small, sturdy, economical, four wheel drive utility vehicle modelled on the Willys Jeep.

Seems the Wilks brothers also used a jeep on their family farm.

Wonder why LRO never reported this with the JOC pictures on their Facebook page?

A simple caption....." Where Landrover began".....

Jeep at the Landrover show? Very appropriate.

I guess the truth really does hurt the LR purists who have gone into denial.