TPMS sorted, hoorah

jeepjimboy

• Platinum Member

Having put my 2011 wheels (from the red sport) onto my newly acquired 2015 JKU, the TPMS dash warning information lights wouldn't go out of course!

Bought the set, as shown, had them fitted today (£30), 2 miles down the road they registered themselves and the warnings went away, and I have info showing of 2.4 bar per corner!!

Result.

TPMS_info.thumb.jpg.ffd6c6e1363134c327cce571a111aa97.jpg

• Platinum Member

Hoorah and Huzzah Jim! :mdr:

As easy as that, really? Buy them off ebay, get them fitted and away you go .......no reprogramming, no taking to the dealer and handing over large amounts of cash? Almost sounds to good to be true.

BTW you have a Procal right Jim? any chance I could have a quick look when my Chinese one arrives to see if it looks genuine or not?

• Platinum Member

No Tim my Procal stayed with the red sport, I couldn't get it to de-register  :icon_e_sad: and time was against me else I'd have been onto AEV or Nene. Others have had the same problem apparently! The Sat Nav says I'm 1 to 2 MPH out up to 70 with the 285/70's so I may not bother buying another one. Unless your eastern version works ok of course  :icon_e_wink:

The TPMS sensors have the correct part number and "made in UK" stamped on them. All the feed back on the fleabay site was good, and reviews on the US JK forums also the same. Now I can vouch for them. 5 for less then 1 at a Jeep stealer, sadly. I would prefer to go through them, but hey ho eh.

• Platinum Member

Thanks anyway Jim.  :great:

Will have to get me a set of those sensors then, maybe two if they will work on the KJ as well.

Cheers

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Thanks anyway Jim.  :great:

Will have to get me a set of those sensors then, maybe two if they will work on the KJ as well.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

I was wondering if you bought these and fitted them to your KJ since that post?

I used a ProCal for my Rubicon so no issue there but on the KJ it's a pain in the Backside.

• Platinum Member

Hi Tim,

I was wondering if you bought these and fitted them to your KJ since that post?

I used a ProCal for my Rubicon so no issue there but on the KJ it's a pain in the Backside.

Hi Christian, thanks for the reminder, I'd done the same thing and gone the (fake, still being sorted) procal route for the JK, bit the KJ is my missus drive and she just ignores it so I had forgotten about it . Must put it back on the list, will let you know how it goes.

Cheers