Jeep wj ownership

Nathan1212

• Platinum Member

I have never had a car had so much go wrong so often. Do any of you wj owners have so many problems with reliability or is mine just a friday afternoon job.

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Ive had 2 x WG/J s utter shit.... Had 2 x ZGs should never have sold them my WH is coming up 2 5 years in the mix...

• Platinum Member

I had a V8 WJ and loved it......however I did spend a small fortune on it lol over three years [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Not very good comments  about a wj especially when iam going to look at a silver 04  with very low mileage

Terry

image.jpeg.73099c33497718b883dc8d88a62f2529.jpeg

image.jpeg.d82611c3a020b34b89f9a026aec91347.jpeg

image.jpeg.52088e7d84d0330960204dab47d088cb.jpeg

• Platinum Member

Still love mine, even if it has been off the road since May whilst trying to sort out problems with it.  Its all fixed now though, but I had to resort to taking it into a garage to be fixed  :oops: something i've never had to do before......

Still wouldn't get rid of it  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member

You can have problems with any vehicle don't think the WJ is worse than any other.

Any vehicle of this age can be due for a few issues mine was a nightmare to get sorted but now I love it.

Don't know about the V8 but the 4 litre engine is pretty bomb proof.

• Platinum Member

Mixed bag by sounds of it. Mine goes in Wednesday for a another whining sound. New window mech ordered from eBay.  Hopefully this will be the end to it all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
alastairweller

I've had my WJ 4.0 for just over a year now, it's mileage was slightly higher than yours when I bought it (c75k) and it needed new tracking rods or something when it had its MOT done plus a couple of other bits but damage was only about £500 inc a set of ATs. Other than that I've only had to replace both front window regulators (one was broken when I bought it, the other went 2 weeks ago) and a rear light cluster. Needs something done on its front brakes now as I've apparently managed to get a stone stuck and scored one but that's not major work.

Al

• Platinum Member

Needs something done on its front brakes now as I've apparently managed to get a stone stuck and scored one but that's not major work.

Scoring isn't usually a problem unless braking performance has been affected in some way. I always take the stone shields off my Jeeps and run the discs 'naked'. I have never had a damaged caliper or disc since 2001. If you plan on doing this, some brake setups need a spacer washer the same thickness as the stone shield.