Land Rover ???????

jeepmynach

• Platinum Member

The next person to call my Jeep a Land Rover will be beaten about the head with a broken Rover axle halfshaft until sensible. Discuss.

• Platinum Member

It's usually the other way around. Landy owners cringe when ordinary people call their vehicles 'jeeps'.

Account_Deleted_02

I really don't mind. Both are iconic vehicles. Have owned both over the years and would happily own a landrover again, even if people don't know what to call them!

• Platinum Member
davidsmith1307

The Pajero Owners Club forum changes the word Jeep to 4x4 automatically....

• Platinum Member

aaaah, the old Land Rover Snobbery.

I have been castigated at work for buying a Jeep, and to have the audacity to park it in the car park to boot.....

Working at Jaguar Land Rover, there are only two people 'get' why I have a jeep.  One took a permanent role to get one of the last defenders off the line as a one of his company cars.  The other is a South African contractor who drives a heavily modded Land cruiser in the bush back home.

They are even non plus when you tell them the first Land Rover Prototype used a Willys Chassis.

• Platinum Member

Would  be up for it just anoy a Landy owner or two

Last year on our return from a craft show we pulled in for lpg not far from the venue and was made to wait for ages

They took over the whole forecourt ( wife made a comment don't it take along time to fill up with fuel and not just the vehicle)

But not this year will be doing Thetford Forest with Jules this year  I hope

Terry

Account_Deleted_02

So who's going to join us at the Peterborough Land Rover Show?

That's a possible this year. Everything else seems to clash with family events but I'm hopeful at least one of the jeeps will turn a wheel this year at some point!!

• Platinum Member

The next person to call my Jeep a Land Rover will be beaten about the head with a broken Rover axle halfshaft until sensible. Discuss.

my wife says jeeps and landrovers are the same  :grrrrrr: I feel a bit of marriage guidance coming on , or shall I just park on top of her ford KA :diablo: :rofl:

• Platinum Member

Use her Ka as a ramp !!

Can't do that here - 'er indoors has a KK that's somewhat bigger than my poor old XJ.