American Auto Club International

mark

• Platinum Member

Billing Aquadrome Aug 16th-18th , If you like your cars American , I went last year , even a couple of Jeeps on show in there , big event , worth a look if you want a good day out. :great: only £10.00 per car .

http://www.aac-int.com/August-Open-Nationals.php great place to show off your Jeep , Vehicles of all ages there

• Platinum Member

Was thinking could be fun if a bunch of assorted Jeeps assembled outside  then all arrived and parked up together  and have a relaxing fun day out ???  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member

Also this weekend on the same site it is Northampton hot air balloon festival weather permitting......great day out for any photographer  especially the evening balloon glow .l have made a slight error on entry price it is £15.00 per car with 4 occupants ,,, still pretty good value for money ,  :gasp: an American car show and a hot air balloon fest for £15 ,,,,,,not bad .

please note , I have no connection to Billing , but I am an AACI member :glasses:

• Administrators

Sounds good Mark I would love to go! but unfortunately have stuff on this weekend!  :icon_e_sad:

Went along to the Bromley pageant earlier in the year was a Shame only one Jeep I saw! Bee good if you can get a few to go along with you Mark :great:

• Platinum Member

I shall be going on the Sunday  :icon_cool: AACI have held 3 events this year maybe a shiney event for Jeep owners next year ,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

just a few pics of the trucks on show ,,,,, yup ,, that's a 2013 grand cherokee :great:

DSC02286_800x450.thumb.jpg.1b3ae6005d91cceabb2936e61911b70d.jpg

DSC02215_800x450.thumb.jpg.17304cec08464b6719ca3463dca23c98.jpg

DSC02229_800x450.thumb.jpg.ae74cc01bdbc5968a8d88b0b61a5cf22.jpg

DSC02236_800x450.thumb.jpg.133b6c76cb5f019d74ce6923befbf9e4.jpg

DSC02240_800x450.thumb.jpg.1d0124afb94a4756ac0d7cc8e1c8dc83.jpg

DSC02270_800x450.thumb.jpg.118a253179fcc5e29543435a2f1ca510.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Jeep Owners Club are invited to bring along their cars to show at their events in 2014 , If the club wishes space can be allocated to allow all Jeeps to be parked together in 1 area of the showground so it would be useful to have some idea as to how many cars and how much space we would be looking to need , The first event is Mid April so.

If you like American cars < muscle cars , 4x4 , classics , right up to modern day retro classics and more and would like to spend a day or two showing your  Jeep as an example of the model please let us know ,,The event is held at Billing Aquadrome which has facilities for the whole family and camping if Reqd,  A hotel close by.

normally lots of sideshows and stalls , autojumble and all the usual car show attractions. http://www.aac-int.com/News--and--Events.php, check the link , have a think and let us know if you are interested in attending and we will put some Class into the event with some American tough guys JEEPS!!!!!! :icon_jokercolor:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I had hoped that it would be possible to put out a request for some older Jeeps from one or two of the other forums so that we could maybe put on a show of jeeps down throughout the years but due to a lack of interest and bearing in mind recent events I doubt that It will happen ,, For anyone who just fancies going , the main event with show and shine etc is the Sunday.

WP_20130818_006_800x450.thumb.jpg.bcf6dce5b5e8668c70187f872384d9e4.jpg

• Platinum Member

go for it Mark, from what I have been told that's all sorted now.

and TBH all the other clubs have been very positive to the idea of jeeping together this year, so will probably get a good response, will def promote on Birtys if you draft something.

• Platinum Member

It's a great show and easily a whole day of walking around.

I should be up for taking the YJ (again).

Of course, if my cunning plan to get Freddie sorted comes to pass....

• Platinum Member

go for it Mark, from what I have been told that's all sorted now.

and TBH all the other clubs have been very positive to the idea of jeeping together this year, so will probably get a good response, will def promote on Birtys if you draft something.

Great Bruce , Thanks,

I think the first thing we need to know is who can attend and on which day April 26th or April 27th The 27th being show car judging day Trophies to be won. Also which model they can bring along . The nicer the condition of the car , the better the display,  they don't have to be concourse although there are trophies to be won if you have one , ,, just good examples of the model, from Hotchkiss through to Wranglers and from Wagoneers through to SRT8 , Modifieds and Bog standard,

Once we have an Idea of who can bring what and on which day I can ask the AACI for an area set aside and what size of area we will be needing . They have said we can have space , but it would be good to be able to know how much roughly we need based on the numbers attending, I believe we can tape an area off for a one make various models stand.

If anyone is hardy enough and decides to camp , the camping is directly adjacent to the show arena,

if anyone wishes to come along please let me know either PM or by posting to this thread , the dayor days that they can attend and the model Jeep they are willing to put on show for the day or days

May be fun to maybe award our own small trophy awarded to the car which gets the most votes as visitors choice , as voted for by visitors to the area/ stand. That way it cant be said that anyone was biased in any way

• Platinum Member

I would in theory be up for it, and would bring the 1981 Cherokee Chief (think 2 door wagoneer), BUT its been built to look like its been hangin around with Mad Max in a post apocalyptic world, so IMHO it will gain many cool points, there wont be many shiny points  :icon_e_biggrin:

And as the clubTshirt dood said, we are trying to break out of the 'my forum/club is better than your forum/club' mentality so feel free to post up on birtys

• Platinum Member

:great: Thanks, Regarding the chief , last Aug at the AACI late summer event there was a big old wagon ( unsure what it was ) it was all done out like a prospectors wagon with cans and lord knows hanging off it , even a tee pee next to it for effect , like you say , wasn't shiny but did draw a lot of attention . :icon_cool: