Sandblasting / painting help

Shabs

• Platinum Member

Hi guys,

Can anybody recommend a good shop that can do sandblasting and painting?  My side steps / rock sliders are rusted to hell and I need to get them refurbished before they effect the chassis.

I am in Woking, Surrey

Thanks

Marty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I have to do my rock rails this month. They got into a bad state corroding underneath the powder coating until it flaked off. I will be using an angle grinder with paint removal discs and grinding discs to clean them up before wet spray painting them. I will be using an acid etch primer to make sure the wet sprayed finishing coats adhesion is as good as my Jeeps original paintwork.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I ended up going to Surrey Auto Works, Kaz seems like a great guy and very nice 240z in the workshop.  I will update on cost and outcome.  He shares the site with a guy who blasts and paints truck chassis, so they have access to some monster equipment

• Platinum Member

I have recently looked into making a sand blaster, but I found for the cost of just the parts I need I can buy a basic ready made portable kit. I'm going to try it out on my compressor first but if it ends up being too low on cfm I will just rent a bigger compressor for the weekend.