Jeep soft top

markyw

• Platinum Member

Looking at soft tops for my JK and have had an Italian company recommended, Suntop (http://www.thesuntop.com).

Does anyone have any experience of these products and maybe an opinion on their quality compared to the Bestop soft tops?

Regards

Mark

Does anyone have any experience of these products and maybe an opinion on their quality compared to the Bestop soft tops?

Mark,

Think most of the JK soft tops that you see round the club are either Jeep (dual top options) or Bestop.

Bit of a mix between Trektop (Sloping rear area) and Supertop (Square rear area)

Bestop quality is good, especially the new twill fabric and Bestop also make the Jeep OEM softtops, so lots of similarities between them.

As to thesuntop, have seen them on my social media feeds over the last few weeks, but don't know anyone that has got one, well not yet.....

Difficulty to compare as no prices on the website and it also looks as if they have removed the rear seatbelts on some of the promotional photos, not sure if that's due to way the tops fit or just to make it look good.

What ever way you go, a softop is great fun, as long as you don't need a roof rack for something.

Cheers

Neal

• Platinum Member

The Suntop was mentioned and recommended by gforce4x4 as comparable if not better quality than the Bestop tops. No personal experience.

As for the Bestop tops, Supertop vs Trektop is still very much a decision I need to make. Pros and cons anyone?

Mark