Patriot headlamp bulb replacement

patriot

• Platinum Member

Hi, does anyone know how to change headlamp bulb on patriot, i googled it, youtubed it and they all show the H13 bulb fitting, but mine is an H4 bulb, the connecter block refuses to pull off, any ideas please thanks. Before you ask, I am 100 miles roundtrip from my local Jeep dealer so will not be driving all that way, thanks in advance

• Platinum Member

The fitters at Halfords use various on line 'how to' resources so they could probably do it for a small fee if no-one else comes up with the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member
mad mechanic

the connector blocks do need a good wiggle tbh....if its still not coming out may be worth popping to a local garage who will prob do it for the price of a pint..

• Platinum Member

After that, all done very easy.  the H4 connectors obviously get hot and make it difficult for removal as they seem to weld onto the bulb fitting but basically remove the rubber dust cover, unclip the spring holding the bulb in the lens, then pull out complete with bulb attached, then insert flat blade screwdriver between bulb and  H4 connector to release, thats it.