Thetford Forest - Sunday 18th September 2016

Jules

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Can I please ask why you are charging £35 to drive public roads and to cover PLI???????? Any mods who want to explain this to me privately 07817166556 Ill run a Shropshire trip for free

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TimC

• Jules

• RAIDER

• fen01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

Jeep Owners Club are doing a day out in Thetford Forest and the surrounding area on Sunday 18th September.

Routes are currently being decided upon.

There will be limited places for this day out.

All those interested will be listed in order of posting on the forum as this is a limited numbers event, and will be contacted once post goes live for payment and attendance.

Suitable for all Jeeps.

All Terrain tyres installed as a minimum for event of this type. If there is any rain before we go then there will be "mud and puddles" but nothing too drastic. As with any green laning it will be follow my leader and sticking to the tracks. There will also be some road sections between forest trails.

CB radio needed. This item is more than recommended so contact between vehicles can be maintained at all times. Mobile phones do not always work.

You will also need to bring food / provisions for the day.

Cost will be £35 per Jeep. Payment details to follow soon.

Trip will be limited to two groups of four, plus team leaders.

Members interested in attending:

fen01

Terry

TimC

RAIDER

Gee Pee

Nickp

Jules,

When you want payment for this trip??  Is it still on?

• Platinum Member

It's getting closer for another day out in the TJ  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

Terry

• Platinum Member

Tim Riches new to the club :wav2  fit me in for this trip  :great:

• Platinum Member

Paid! May have paid twice ...... Stewart / Jules could you check, should just be the one payment for me.

• Platinum Member

Just looked and only one payment has arrived in our account.

Check your account and let us know if different.

JOC Admin Team

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

have literally just joined the club and this is my first post... is there still availability for this greenlane trip? If so i'd like to book my family in. This will be our first greenlaning trip as a family. Don't know if i'll have the CB fitted by then but can give the leader a walke talky if it helps? regards, Aled.

• Platinum Member

have literally just joined the club and this is my first post... is there still availability for this greenlane trip? If so i'd like to book my family in. This will be our first greenlaning trip as a family. Don't know if i'll have the CB fitted by then but can give the leader a walke talky if it helps? regards, Aled.

[/

Welcome, it will be good to have you along, I will make sure that Jules puts you on the list.

Not having a CB is not the end of the world, we can stick you in the middle and then we shouldn't lose you.

What are you driving?

Regards

Rolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Aled,

I have added you to our list of attendees. Could you please ensure payment is received soonest to ensure you are allocated a place as the event is getting nearer and almost full. The payment link can be found in the first post.

Thanks,  Jules

• Platinum Member

Thanks Rolf. Thanks Jules.

I'll pay today.

We've got a 54 plate wj GC Sport.

• Platinum Member

Hi Aled,

I have added you to our list of attendees. Could you please ensure payment is received soonest to ensure you are allocated a place as the event is getting nearer and almost full. The payment link can be found in the first post.

Thanks,  Jules

Jule's i've just paid via the link. Thank you!

I will email all of those who are attending with the meeting point soon.

Just a few things to sort so that the day goes to plan....or should that be "as well as can be expected" with those who are attending!! :great:

Those who have a CB, either mounted in the vehicle or handheld, please remember to bring it.

For those who do not have, but are contemplating one, then I would suggest looking at the Thunderpole CB website. If unsure then give them a call. They are always very helpful. Don't forget to mention Jeep Owners Club when you make a purchase. They just might be able to offer an incentive to buy.  :icon_e_wink:

Lastly, bring your humour and enthusiasm. The two vital ingredients for any successful event when Rolf and I are involved.

• Platinum Member

Gents

I have been out today to check the last part of the route for next  Sunday and part if it was a bit tight. While I will be packing various hedge cutting tools I wondered how everybody feels about potentially scratchy lanes. If we have new precious vehicles attending then I will work out a slightly different route.  PM me or post thoughts here please.

• Platinum Member

Was thinking of bringing the JK so non scratchy preferrd. If it's going to be scratchy could change to the YJ but it's a long drive. Sorry to be a wimp!

Cheers

• Platinum Member

Was thinking of bringing the JK so non scratchy preferrd. If it's going to be scratchy could change to the YJ but it's a long drive. Sorry to be a wimp!

Cheers

Bring the JK I will find a drive around option.

• Platinum Member

Cheers

What you need is panel protectors.......

Rolf, in much the same boat as Tim.  Only really worried about the wheel arches.  Rest of the bodywork should be protected..

Cheers

Bring the JK......CB radio. Chainsaw. Hedgcutters. Loppers. Woodchipper. You'll be fine. :icon_e_wink: