Thetford Forest - Sunday 18th September 2016

Jules

Jeep Owners Club are doing a day out in Thetford Forest and the surrounding area on Sunday 18th September.

Routes are currently being decided upon.

There will be limited places for this day out.

All those interested will be listed in order of posting on the forum as this is a limited numbers event, and will be contacted once post goes live for payment and attendance.

Suitable for all Jeeps.

All Terrain tyres installed as a minimum for event of this type. If there is any rain before we go then there will be "mud and puddles" but nothing too drastic. As with any green laning it will be follow my leader and sticking to the tracks. There will also be some road sections between forest trails.

CB radio needed. This item is more than recommended so contact between vehicles can be maintained at all times. Mobile phones do not always work.

You will also need to bring food / provisions for the day.

Cost will be £20 per Jeep. Payment details here https://www.jeepowners.club/thetford.html

Trip will be limited to two groups of four, plus team leaders.

Members attending:

fen01 - PAID

Terry - PAID

TimC - PAID

RAIDER - PAID

Gee Pee - PAID

tim riches - PAID

JustJeepin - PAID

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TimC

• Jules

• RAIDER

• fen01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

:icon_cry: one I would love to do but don't think I'll be able to make this weekend  :icon_e_sad: :icon_e_sad:

• Platinum Member

Trying to find a way to clear this weekend  :grrrrrr:

it's either that or get straight off a 10 hour flight at Heathrow Sunday morning, pick the JK up from the car park and drive straight up to Thetford........ :icon_massacre: 

• Platinum Member

Trying to find a way to clear this weekend  :grrrrrr:

it's either that or get straight off a 10 hour flight at Heathrow Sunday morning, pick the JK up from the car park and drive straight up to Thetford........ :icon_massacre:

Sleep on the plane. You'll be fine. Plus you know you want to go........

• Platinum Member

Damn,  I'm in lake district that weekend hiking...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Sleep on the plane. You'll be fine. Plus you know you want to go........

Trip rearranged, weekend cleared, good to go !! :mdr: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member

Trip rearranged, weekend cleared, good to go !! :mdr: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

Yeaahh

• Platinum Member
Billet J44P

I'm sure you'll get all the people you need for this trip (one I would like to go on), but I don't understand the price???

Already not going to the Summer camp due to price. Is this becoming a club for the few elite that seem to have an endless bank account???

• Administrators

I'm sure you'll get all the people you need for this trip (one I would like to go on), but I don't understand the price???

Already not going to the Summer camp due to price. Is this becoming a club for the few elite that seem to have an endless bank account???

Sorry you feel that way but I will clear up this issue for all concerned. Since Jeep owners Club was formed Public liability insurance has been essential! This is around 2-3K depending on events in a year! As you can imagine that money has to come from somewhere, so we have to find ways to raise funds to cover the Club overheads for it to function. Many Clubs do this by changing membership fees.

• Platinum Member

18 Septembers good for me just checked the diary , so please add me to the list stewart and let us know when to pay up  :great:

• Platinum Member

Hi Steve, I think you're missing out. I certainly don't have an endless bank account even though I prioritise a lot of what I have to "Just Empty Every Pocket" that's my choice. I can go to pay and play sites and pay a bit less, Devils Pit is £26 on a normal day, Whaddon is £25. I can pull out my OS maps, go on trailwise and run some lanes for free but I think the "official" events are worth the premium once in a while.  There's no annual fee for the JOC ,it's £36 for Glass frinstance, so you can go on the forum here put up a post to get a few Jeeps together to run some lanes ( at least as far as I know you can ) and it'll cost you nothing. I'll come and run some lanes with you for a start  :glasses:

35 quids not bad for a day of good laning, I've paid more than that for a night out with badly served bad food .....seems pretty good value to me.

Just my opinion anyway.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

18 Septembers good for me just checked the diary , so please add me to the list stewart and let us know when to pay up  :great:

Going to be just like Salisbury Plains  :mdr:

• Platinum Member

should be a good day tim been waiting for this trip to come around :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce: :mdr:

• Platinum Member

Maybe we'll get a 'Convoy' sing-a-long going this time. I'm sure Jules would like that  :rofl:

• Platinum Member

heck I feel a thunderstorm brewing if I start singing  :rofl:

• Platinum Member

No it won't. They'll be more trees this time....  :icon_e_biggrin:

Going to be like Salisbury Plains with the CB's?

Oh how I am a looking forward to this even more now!

• Platinum Member

Crickey I go away for the weekend, come back and find that Jules and I are now going to be running a sing-a-long-a-lane trip. This is is a first for me, bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Jeep Owners Club are doing a day out in Thetford Forest and the surrounding area on Sunday 18th September.

Routes are currently being decided upon.

There will be limited places for this day out, so keep an eye on the forum for when the "event" goes live if you would like to attend.

Cost will be £35 per Jeep. Payment details to follow soon.

Trip will be limited to two groups of four, plus team leaders.

Members interested in attending:

fen01

Terry

TimC

RAIDER

Put me down Jules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Added Graham.

Might even have a convoy up from Kent to try out the cb's before TimC gets a sing song going!

• Platinum Member

Added Graham.

Might even have a convoy up from Kent to try out the cb's before TimC gets a sing song going!

NEWS FLASH!! :gasp:

Convoy of Jeeps headed north on M25 fails to pay toll at Dartford crossing. Motorists hear strange singing............."I said Pig Pen this here's the Rubber Duck, we just ain't a -gonna pay no toll. So we crashed the gate doing ninety-eight I says let them JKs roll, 10-4"

:rofl: :rofl:

Guest grey thunder

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Let hope they don't have a bear in the air as well :rofl: :rofl: