TPMS question

jeepjimboy

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

This has probably  been asked before, however;

Having got 2011 TPMS sensors in the wheels/tyres on my 2015 JKU, and no sensor in the spare, would these work and sort out my flashing warning dash light??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-NEW-OEM-56029398AB-CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE-RAM-433Mhz-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-SENSOR-/181749105026?fits=Make%3AJeep

Thanks

• Platinum Member

yeah, has been asked before Jim but don't know if there was a good definite answer. We bought some off ebay for the KJ but when we took them to be fitted at local tyre fitter were told they had to be programmed to the car, or the other way round so could only be done at a main dealer for lots of pounds  :icon_cry: Whether true or not I don't know cos we gave up at that point and just drive it with the TPM flashing from time to time.

• Platinum Member

I read somewhere that the the toms will reset itself .... but why not get a procal unit and turn it off. It's not a cheap "solution" but the procal has a lot of useful features too.

Just axthought

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

yeah, has been asked before Jim but don't know if there was a good definite answer. We bought some off ebay for the KJ but when we took them to be fitted at local tyre fitter were told they had to be programmed to the car, or the other way round so could only be done at a main dealer for lots of pounds  :icon_cry: Whether true or not I don't know cos we gave up at that point and just drive it with the TPM flashing from time to time.

I thought they programmed themselves after driving so many miles Tim? 

And how about this:-

I'm thinking of buying a set of cheap ones and trying this, maybe in an inner tube, sealed up, just to see if the cheap sensors work.

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

I read somewhere that the the toms will reset itself .... but why not get a procal unit and turn it off. It's not a cheap "solution" but the procal has a lot of useful features too.

Just axthought

Ive spoken with AEV (by email) they say after zeroing the tyre pressure settings (off road), the dash still informs you that the pressure has been zeroed. I 'suppose thats to remind you. I wonder if that would keep the MOT boys happy. I've yet to speak with Nene Off Road to see if they concur with those thoughts.