TJ Replacement Headlights

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Was supposed to sell it when I got the Ruby but could not bring myself to doing it.

She just passed her MOT today.

HID light conversion three years ago.  Great low beams.  Crap high beams. Looking to maybe swap them out.

Any recommendations for TJ replacement headlights?

Jim, are they a 7" round? If so then that extends the options that you have, you might even be able to look at some of the LEDs

• Platinum Member

Yeah 7 inch round. Do Speakers need to be EU spec specific or are the ones in the US the same??

Yeah 7 inch round. Do Speakers need to be EU spec specific or are the ones in the US the same??

Jim,

Yes they need to be EU spec, or more correctly now UK spec......

The U.K. Ones come with a H4 connector and the relevant markings and approvals for UK legislation

• Platinum Member

If its any help look for the dreaded green oval versions of both JW speaker and trucklite

they seem to be cheaper but fit

or at least they do in my 1999 TJ

• Platinum Member

The JW Speakers are reeeally bright  :glasses: ( having had them in my rear view mirror! ) but also really expensive :icon_cry: couldn't bring myself to part with that much for headlights. Have been looking at just upgrading the JK  headlights to 55W Bi Xenons. Lots of bright  :icon_cool: and £190 fitted. Might be worth considering.