Anyone know anything about lpg systems?

benjamin

• Platinum Member

Hi guys.

My jeep is converted to lpg when I got it it was playing up kept switching back to petrol. Then I took it to a garage and he said the temperature sensor was faulty so I ordered one and replaced it. It didn't fix the problem but the problem seemed to dissappear over the winter and it was running fine. Now it has started changing back to petrol again. When I'm pulling off usually. I had the lpg system serviced last week and I'm convinced the guy did nothing it doesn't even look like he has had any tools on any of the lpg components under the bonnet. He said he replaced the filter and calibrated it but he was speaking in another language to his mate which i didn5 like beimg as he was talkimg about my car and i was there. and it doesn't feel any different and I'm sure the filter hasn't been changed only 1 jubilee clip is new and the other side is crimped onto the pipe so how he changed it without removing that I have no idea! Anyway it's still cutting back to petrol when I pull off  if I'm on a straight road it stays in gas. I'm gonna cut my losses with that garage and find another guy. So what I'm asking is.

Anyone know any good lpg garages near Leicester

And any idea what could be causing the system to keep switching back to petrol?

• Platinum Member
jeepstertim

I have had a number of LPG Land Rovers but never this problem.  The LPG system will automatically switch to petrol when it detects low LPG levels.  I would suggest the problem is either with the tank level sensor (if they have one - it may just work on pressure) but more likely it is not delivering enough gas on acceleration (less dense in the warm) and the engine switches to petrol thinking it's running out. 

A decent LPG company should be able to set this straight quickly and I suspect relatively economically.

As with any LPG system, they are very sensitive to the spark, keep your electrics in best condition.

• Platinum Member

The problem did seem to go away in the winter and returned as soon as the weather got warm. Do you think the temperature could be effecting this then. I have found another garage not to far away I will ring them in the morning and see what they say

• Platinum Member

Have no experience of that but I wonder if the gas solenoid valve is sticking or not opening properly so not delivering enough gas.

You need to find another lpg garage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk