Not quite an owner....

markyw

• Platinum Member

Hi,

I have an E46 M3, which is a pretty iconic sports car, so looked at the market and decided I wanted something of equal status. My mate has a Defender and, well, to be honest I am not that impressed with it as a package and they aren't making any more, so decided to look at the Wranglers.

I made a decision last week that I wanted to trade in my M3 for something equally as fun, but more frequently useable for what it was intended. Alongside this, I have been risking the wife's ride (2015 VW Touareg) off road and decided that I should get something myself rather than risk her wrath if I damage it.

So, this weekend coming I get to test drive the CRD and Petrol Wranglers. No idea what to expect and no idea what to go for, except 2 door and possibly with a soft top. Already planning an adventure weekend in the Lake District if this comes off as SWMBO mentioned one of her friends had a Wrangler and used to go on off road hols.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the info and assistance. I'll let you know how this all works out.

Regards

Mark

• Platinum Member

Mark, welcome.

You are already on the right track....... a two door............ perhaps a soft top..................... going to the Lake District.

Life just doesn't get much better.

Enjoy!

Guest grey thunder

Hi,

I have an E46 M3, which is a pretty iconic sports car, so looked at the market and decided I wanted something of equal status. My mate has a Defender and, well, to be honest I am not that impressed with it as a package and they aren't making any more, so decided to look at the Wranglers.

I made a decision last week that I wanted to trade in my M3 for something equally as fun, but more frequently useable for what it was intended. Alongside this, I have been risking the wife's ride (2015 VW Touareg) off road and decided that I should get something myself rather than risk her wrath if I damage it.

So, this weekend coming I get to test drive the CRD and Petrol Wranglers. No idea what to expect and no idea what to go for, except 2 door and possibly with a soft top. Already planning an adventure weekend in the Lake District if this comes off as SWMBO mentioned one of her friends had a Wrangler and used to go on off road hols.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the info and assistance. I'll let you know how this all works out.

Regards

Mark

Hi!! Check the clubs adventure trip ,,Wales ,,lakes ,,north Yorks and more

• Platinum Member

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the club!  Last year the JOC secured a special build order of 10 Rubicons with leather which -- was not available in the UK.

This year we secured a half dozen hard to get Rubicons for members. There might be one or two left and not sure if the two door is gone.  Ask Stewart.

Jim

• Administrators

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the club!  Last year the JOC secured a special build order of 10 Rubicons with leather which -- was not available in the UK.

This year we secured a half dozen hard to get Rubicons for members. There might be one or two left and not sure if the two door is gone.  Ask Stewart.

Jim

There should be a 2dr Available and a couple of 4dr models not yet arrived in the UK. Long wait possibly after this stock is gone for Rubicon ! Send me a PM if you need some help and price details for JOC members.

• Administrators

Hi Mark,

There is a Hydro Blue model in the UK in 2dr form! Send me a PM if you are interested ?