Scottish meet

Oilcan

• Platinum Member

Since reading other posts about regional meets ,I wondered if there would be any interest from the scottish contingent. I'm not sure how far part we are all spread but maybe two or three regional meets might be needed to cover south and borders, central and maybe highland. Like I say I don't know how we are all spread around the country. Any thoughts and maybe a list of names and locations eg. Nearest town and we can maybe sort something.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Hello Oilcan,

I've recently joined.

I'm over on the West Coast, in Kintyre, but would travel to the centre for occassional meets if they started up.

How many members are from Scotland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hey,

Been on the forum for a wee bit now, I thought I would add to this thread, I am located about 20 miles south of Glasgow.

Would it be event type things that we would be looking to organise?

I'm not sure how well my particular Jeep would do in serious muck, but there is a pay and play site relatively close to me. I used to see all manner of filthy vehicles passing through our village, I had a fair idea there must have been something close by.

I can try and get more info if it's something you would consider, it's in or near a place called Drumclog.

Anyway, I'm sure we can chat soon.

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

The place your talking about is Drumclog. I've been there with Strathclyde 4x4 response. I'm not sure what everyone's skill levels are but I don't think I'm up to going there with my Jeep just yet as it is quite remote and the site isn't manned if anyone was to get in trouble. Maybe a social meet up would be good first then we could maybe chat about what we might want to do and what each of us has done off-road wise and take it from there. If this sounds good then maybe some suggestions of a central location and a date would be good.

• 8 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Don't see many members on this from Scotland, I think I am the only one up here.. I used to have Landrover 90's I am not knocking these good motors, but this Jeep came up at the right price, and I am not racist towards Landrovers or Jeeps... PS I got to Drumclog regular, and it is quite extreme....

sorry selected wrong pic

weekend_91114_048.thumb.jpg.fa8b6ebf7ef0fa969324f2ff1aaadaf0.jpg

Good to you hear you wanting to get together. How about the 25th Jan? Would seem quite appropriate to kick start JOC stuff in Scotland on that day maybe. This is exactly what we need from our members. Well done.  :great:

• Platinum Member

Your not alone up here but it is quiet. Although 25th January sounds great unfortunatley im traveling to Norway that day and will be playing with some Mitsubishi warriors for 3 weeks

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member
The Entertainment King

I know its a bit late, but just wanted to add my interest to the 'Scottish group'. Drumclog looks good but maybe a wee bit too extreme for my 'pristine' 2014 Wrangler Unlimited. Been offroad a bit but not ruts etc like the photo in this thread.

Would be interested to see what else is available in the area though..  :great:

• Platinum Member

PS I only use the Jeep to be used for what it is meant for lol.... (it's a toy)

I have a Ford Mondeo ST for my daily use....

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

I Live in Livingston . And there is a wee track off o e of the industrial areas . Took my XJ along it and it got round but bust my exhaust lol

• Administrators

When are you coming and we can try and arrange something

Ok will know by Monday !!

• Platinum Member

Any chance we can make a JOC event out of this? (Lakenheath have been talking about the same thing). I'm heading up for some wild camping and general exploring in June. Haven't fixed a date yet.

Peter.

• Platinum Member

We would be up for this meet if I,m not stuck out on some stinking oil rig.

• Platinum Member

We've firmed up our dates for our Scotland trip now. May be a bit late notice for most I'm afraid. We'll be leaving Devon on the 17th June for 1 week and visiting Fort William, Applecross, Gairloch, Ullapool, Thurso and mainly following the NC500. There's campsites along the way, and we may threw in a night or two in the wild.

Any interested in joining forces? We're still planning the finer details.

• Platinum Member

We've firmed up our dates for our Scotland trip now. May be a bit late notice for most I'm afraid. We'll be leaving Devon on the 17th June for 1 week and visiting Fort William, Applecross, Gairloch, Ullapool, Thurso and mainly following the NC500. There's campsites along the way, and we may threw in a night or two in the wild.

Any interested in joining forces? We're still planning the finer details.

We did a road trip in our JK from Hampshire and did Fort William ,Apple Cross area ...it's well worth the drive ..You may want to Google the road from " Invergarry to Kinlcoh Hourn" well worth the drive down this road (and back) as your doing William to Apple Cross .. Take a look if your time allows ...enjoy the trip . The picture is the car park at Kinloch Hourn...we were the only car their ..

image.thumb.jpg.997345a673739480e37409b19a5316c3.jpg

• Platinum Member

Excellent! Thanks for the tip Gary. Glad to see a grassy car park as I don't have a roof tent and need something to hammer my pegs into  :icon_lol: