Jeep XJ C-ROK Steering Brace

MCQBushcraft

• Platinum Member
MCQBushcraft

My C-ROCK Steering Brace arrived the other day and after some primer and red paint it was ready to fit, but not without some grit.

I've been gradually rebuilding the front for a while and the steering box, frame spacer + bolts, tie rods and pitman arm were some of the last jobs on the list.

Its a relatively easy kit to fit until the heads of the factory bolts that hold the steering box in snap like carrots. After some serious blow torching over the box they came out and I was able to start installing the kit. While I had everything out I gave the whole area a good clean, got rid of any rust and dinitroled the area. Installed the tie rods and fitted the new pitman arm also.

Here are some pics, its a sturdy kit and it provides great support for the steering box. There is also a bracket on the inside of the frame rail. 

IMG_6341.thumb.JPG.00fd10d1e4dc267c370cb6f79ef7e3f6.JPG

IMG_6348.thumb.JPG.e3b34a0753588bfedacf82a86abc4544.JPG

IMG_6354.thumb.JPG.c324734b73ed950851d0270360c77295.JPG

IMG_6357.thumb.JPG.58a9f0dda90d0709fb4ca0dcdcba173b.JPG

IMG_6359.thumb.JPG.09ab0858e709b652d7525f423737253f.JPG

IMG_6361.thumb.JPG.4f7b5b2c00da4704bb837e00a79a569d.JPG

• Platinum Member

Its a relatively easy kit to fit until the heads of the factory bolts that hold the steering box in snap like carrots.

I feel your pain, what i thought was going to be an easy bushing replace a few weeks ago, turned into a 4 hours job, 4 bolts....3 sheared.

Nice work.

• Platinum Member

Is that the Frame Stiffener kit with the steering brace inclusive?

I've been looking at having that done as well, $170 for the kit is a pretty good price

• Platinum Member
MCQBushcraft

Yeah thats the one.

Comes with the inner spacer, outer plate, grade 8 bolts and sleeves.

Its a good kit, was a bit of a pain to fit given the snapping of the factory bolts.