• Chrisby

• stewart

• Hotwheels

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member
Nobodycares

Thanks Stewart!

I'm delighted with it, just a bit frustrated that I spent so much money on Land Rover products over the years, until I realised what Jeeps can do. Having said that I've just about emptied the coffers on this Jeep......

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

Thanks Stewart!

I'm delighted with it, just a bit frustrated that I spent so much money on Land Rover products over the years, until I realised what Jeeps can do. Having said that I've just about emptied the coffers on this Jeep......

I wish there was a "like" button as this post would have got one from me, of course such a thing limits conversation, the whole point of a forum, hence there isn't one.

I am picking up my brand spanking, just out of the box, 4 door JKUR from Westaways in Northampton on Thursday 1st.

I now see the challenge that lies before me and presumably I will have to "pull a Bank Job" Thursday afternoon once I have bought it, will it be fast enough as the getaway car please? :icon_e_biggrin:

On a more serious note, you have set the bar very high with your mods, do you have a list posted on here please?

• Platinum Member

Hi Tony, I think quite a few photos etc. On PB Customs page as well as that gem was built.

• Platinum Member

Tony, I'm about 20 minutes from Northampton, if you want to meet up for a coffee when you pick up your Jeep, you can have a look at the mods on mine, and decide which ones you might fancy.

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

Tony, I'm about 20 minutes from Northampton, if you want to meet up for a coffee when you pick up your Jeep, you can have a look at the mods on mine, and decide which ones you might fancy.

Thanks for the offer, which way please as once we leave the Garage we will be driving south towards Banbury/Oxford towards the M4?

• Platinum Member

Tony, sent you a PM. I'm in the wrong direction for you, but I'm free Thursday, so can pop over to Northampton.

Andrew

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Before my Jeep arrived, I had read comments about a Jeep build never being finished. I though 'Pah, I know exactly what I want, and once that is done, it'll be sorted, and I'll be happy'. How wrong I was......

So the latest stage of development are wider arches, and a Pioneer Avic-F80DAB stereo with reversing camera.

I felt the wider arches were required as, in mud, the sides of the Jeep, including side windows very quickly became plastered, dramatically reducing visibility. The arches haven't completely solved the problem, I think mud flaps would help (but I know they'd get ripped off sooner or later), but it's a big improvement, and brings the Jeep within the law......

Here's a few pics of the latest upgrades.

I would say that we are now finished, but I've learnt that is probably never gonna happen......

IMG_1686.thumb.JPG.cb36036b949dcdd86cfeb4d6122e241b.JPG

IMG_1687.thumb.JPG.d8d5f3cc79631f010b6edc3aad0656b4.JPG

IMG_1688.thumb.JPG.395e6ccce359e45a063238f041ed41ae.JPG

IMG_1689.thumb.JPG.9dfb2d4789c2dd2c224338ae12363593.JPG

IMG_1690.thumb.JPG.4600c521a6c7fa8b24d7f12e5f731332.JPG

IMG_1691.thumb.JPG.f55d1e86971a4972627d08a003974500.JPG

IMG_1692.thumb.JPG.b33058fef167b19ed6ce2ae97c47b0e3.JPG

• Platinum Member

Before my Jeep arrived, I had read comments about a Jeep build never being finished. I though 'Pah, I know exactly what I want, and once that is done, it'll be sorted, and I'll be happy'. How wrong I was......

So the latest stage of development are wider arches, and a Pioneer Avic-F80DAB stereo with reversing camera.

I felt the wider arches were required as, in mud, the sides of the Jeep, including side windows very quickly became plastered, dramatically reducing visibility. The arches haven't completely solved the problem, I think mud flaps would help (but I know they'd get ripped off sooner or later), but it's a big improvement, and brings the Jeep within the law......

Here's a few pics of the latest upgrades.

I would say that we are now finished, but I've learnt that is probably never gonna happen......

I imagine the wider arches would look stupid on my stock wheel and tyre but I do like the look of them.

Where did you source them please and are there alternative styles?

I imagine the wider arches would look stupid on my stock wheel and tyre but I do like the look of them.

Tony,

They look like Bushwacker fender flares. Not sure where Andrew got them.

There are other style replacements available, Alex (Buzz Racing) has just done some flat fenders from Nemesis Industries on his blue JKR.

• Platinum Member

I got mine from PB Customs, who also fitted them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I got mine from PB Customs, who also fitted them.

Andrew, can you please take a pic of your new flares where they meet the snorkel entry? Just wondering how much cutting was required.

Thanks!