My JKU Build

matt28493

• Platinum Member

So New Years day 2016, I went out on a Laining trip with some friends. I was driving my pick up which had 2.5" of lift and 33" tyres. She had done me proud until this day. I was following Jac and his JKU the entire day, it just skipped over every obstacle making it look easy. Id had enough, the time had come to sell my rig and move towards the light. Two months later I had sold my Isuzu and traveled from Northumberland to Gravesend to pick up my NEW JEEP JKU!!!

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with only 33,000 miles on the clock (Previously a chelsea tractor around London) I drove it home that day and fell in love!

So after a month of driving, the time had come. I ordered the following-

-OME 4" lift kit

-Rubicon Express adjustable Control Arms

-16" x 8" Modular Rims

-35" Cooper STT Pros

-Albrecht AE-6891 remote head CB

-Sirio Hi-Power 3000PL Antenna

-Pioneer SPH-DA120 App Radio

Instead of using the caster correction plates that came with the OME kit, I went with new arms. I wanted full adjustability for the future.

So far its driving like a dream. Ive visited some of the lanes that we did in the pick up, where I needed 4WD Low Range to crawl up the obstacles, I skipped up them in 2WD...

Pictures to come!

• Platinum Member

Sounds great Matt, looking forward to seeing some pics  :great:

Daz

• Platinum Member

During the tare down. The Lift took a total of 10 hours to complete, start to finish.

I had a basic set of tools- Spanners, Wrenches, a Socket set, one pillar jack and breaker bar.

I was pretty pleased with how it went, it was the first full lift I've ever done.

IMG_1494.thumb.JPG.ee9d888af99be154e658ee88ee62b91a.JPG

IMG_1450.thumb.jpg.d911b70176fe1f0ba2f5296234353e11.jpg

• Platinum Member

After-

Ive already attempted a few trips out testing everything out. It performed beautifully, love the look and the way she handles on and especially off road. Ive already had to recover a buddy of mine a few times. He drives a 3.5T Nissan Navara, it weighs a lot due all his kit!

IMG_1471.thumb.JPG.21187534c98cf4fd66d4139edd5c7216.JPG

IMG_1528.thumb.jpg.f90d1ac7806aad53f74aec8be76f16b0.jpg

IMG_1538.thumb.JPG.2c17e8fb95572abe78886845cb566674.JPG

IMG_1539.thumb.JPG.798c9d082c93f9fb9cecb7dcb197775a.JPG

• Platinum Member
Maverick23

Looks great Matt ... always impressed when members do their own work :great:

What's next?

• Platinum Member

Looks great Matt ... always impressed when members do their own work :great:

What's next?

Cheers mate, next will be a Extended breathers then a rear bumper and tyre carrier.

I fancy making my own breathers. But I'm not sure. Research is needed. I'm still learning alot here haha

But the list goes on, I wish my pockets had no bottom haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Really looks the part different to see the lift and wheels done before bumpers were replaced .. the standard bumpers look more in  scale with the rest of the Jeep now if that makes sense  :happy:

• Platinum Member

I happened to just come across a thread on another JK forum about extending them. Using something like the attached photo to connect the hoses. Then I'd heat shrink over the top of the join, along with zip tie or a screw clamp to secure. Seems like a relatively easy job.

6d0d08da44dbb84e86a3b4fd660810c4.jpg

• Platinum Member

I had the ARB breather kit on my V8 but the piping is a hard plastic and i find the silicone tubing is a lot more flexible to run up through into the engine bay.

Daz

• Platinum Member

Really looks the part different to see the lift and wheels done before bumpers were replaced .. the standard bumpers look more in  scale with the rest of the Jeep now if that makes sense  :happy:

Thanks mate, yeah we where saying that. My mate hates the standard bumper.. As do i, but it doesn't look as bad with this set up. However, I still can't wait to rip it off and get the new one on!!

• Platinum Member

I had the ARB breather kit on my V8 but the piping is a hard plastic and i find the silicone tubing is a lot more flexible to run up through into the engine bay.

Daz

There's a River Raider breather kit that you can buy. But I'm just going to make it myself and copy the kit. Makes sense for me to just make my own. Then run it into the Air box.

• Platinum Member

Daz

I have to agree with this, i like the breather unit on the ARB kit, but the hosing is not the greatest

• Platinum Member

I have to agree with this, i like the breather unit on the ARB kit, but the hosing is not the greatest

I'm going to use fuel hosing. Tough, flexible and easy to work with. It's what a lot of kits use aswel.

• Platinum Member

I was going to be copying the kit in the image attached

478eeb6cc59ba3df4c175cef3d0fdb55.jpg

• Administrators

I just had this kit arrive x2 from ARB. The advantage is it's a true breather so lets air back in avoiding a vacuum situation as the stock set up can allow !

IMG_8557.thumb.JPG.353f313896934e4ecc7a88efb2fe58bb.JPG

IMG_8558.thumb.JPG.638a2f818394d07a3f1498669759d019.JPG

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

Do you extend them and feed them up thru a snorkel stewart?

• Platinum Member

The ARB kit comes with a small filter where all the pipes feed into, you can mount it to the bulkhead

arb.thumb.jpg.5715c48c24b05a989ebc720721ce2600.jpg

• Administrators

The ARB kit comes with a small filter where all the pipes feed into, you can mount it to the bulkhead

:great:

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

forgive me if I sound pedantic, the point of the breather is to ensure no water can get into the part so where about's on the bulkhead did you fit yours please?