Got myself a little present from Thunderpole

Chrisby

Couldn't resist at Thunderpole today buying myself a little back up CB for the Jeep.  Will be good for use with a friend I go out and about with that doesn't have a fitted CB in his Truck :great: Also handy for trips when we need and extra CB in a group :mdr:

Remember the 5% discount avialable to all club members at Thunderpole both in person and online :great:

Just use Code : jeepsave5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk763b05032fa418dc01880bbfc62ec915.jpg

• Platinum Member

Always good to have a backup! And I have had various Midland kit since I was a kid, reliable stuff.

My Dad just popped round and saw it, Said he has plenty of old Midlands tucked away in his garage from the 80's when he ran his own haulage company. Going to have to check them out If I can find them in his workshop. He says they'll still be as good as when they were laid up, And they don't make um like they used too....lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Although i've got a midland CB in the JK i've been looking at getting a handleld as a back up too.

Are they still pretty good reception wise?

Daz

• Platinum Member

Yes, great unit. The in car dock thingy is great..use mine as an in car unit when needed, but can whip it out at a moments notice (so to speak).d42ac21510ef296e36e71397fe8d3101.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Got one of these for Salisbury plains this year. Never used a CB before but it works a treat and it's dead handy for switching between vehicles too. What's the "in car docky thing" ? looks like you have an extra cable in the top there trailhawk.

By the way, word of warning..... Thunderpole wouldn't give me the JOC discount as I hadn't ordered it on line, they were adamant it is on line discount only not if you just call in as I did, you can call in to collect OK if you've order on line first. They did give me the option of standing in the shop, ordering it online on my mobile and then the guy two feet away from me giving me what I'd just ordered but I couldn't be bothered for six quid. I suppose it stops anybody just calling in and saying " give me 5% off " with no proof of membership but silly all the same....... 

Got one of these for Salisbury plains this year. Never used a CB before but it works a treat and it's dead handy for switching between vehicles too. What's the "in car docky thing" ? looks like you have an extra cable in the top there trailhawk.

By the way, word of warning..... Thunderpole wouldn't give me the JOC discount as I hadn't ordered it on line, they were adamant it is on line discount only not if you just call in as I did, you can call in to collect OK if you've order on line first. They did give me the option of standing in the shop, ordering it online on my mobile and then the guy two feet away from me giving me what I'd just ordered but I couldn't be bothered for six quid. I suppose it stops anybody just calling in and saying " give me 5% off " with no proof of membership but silly all the same.......

Suppose having a Big Green Jeep outside fully JOC stickered up might have helped !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

The car dock is a slot in 12v/external antenna connector that replacles the battery pack...basically turns the unit into a built in unit. So I can leave the main unit docked, the cable in the top is a speaker mic - much easier than dragging the whole unit up to my face. Works treat.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk