my first cherokee grand limited

nealscorer

• Platinum Member
nealscorer

Hi, just got my first jeep 4.7 and love it. I noticed straight away a serious wobble. it does not seem the be the death wobble I have read about though.

It skips and jumps when i hit any kind of imperfection of the road. I am told it needs new bushes but there are so many. Any where i should start please ?

Neal

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member
cookingfat63

Hi

Im a new member and noticed  you have a 4.7 v8

im reasearching them before i buy, How are you finding it,

Alan

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the club  :wav1

Sorry even though i have a WJ I haven't had that problem with mine, so i wouldn't know where to start.  Have a read through the technical areas in the WJ section of the forum. I'm sure there will be something to help in there  :great:

• 6 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Welcome to the club  :wav1

Sorry even though i have a WJ I haven't had that problem with mine, so i wouldn't know where to start.  Have a read through the technical areas in the WJ section of the forum. I'm sure there will be something to help in there  :great:

Hi, just got my first jeep 4.7 and love it. I noticed straight away a serious wobble. it does not seem the be the death wobble I have read about though.

It skips and jumps when i hit any kind of imperfection of the road. I am told it needs new bushes but there are so many. Any where i should start please ?

Neal

Hi, not sure if I am using this site correctly, thanks for message, lovely motor but a few issues

• Platinum Member

sorry new to this, I have a few issues with mine, wobble, no heater but hope it can be sorted. heavy of gas but then its a big lump

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

The original equipment dampers (shocks) are usually good for 50,000 miles. My guess is that they are not leaking but they are beyond their best.

Anti-roll bar bushes often wear out and can clunk over bumps. I didn't change any control arm bushes on our old V8 but aftermarket bush kits are available so I guess they can be changed.

If you are unlucky enough to experience death wobble, you will recognise it instantly as you think you are going to die! That's why it is called death wobble. It scared the cxxx out of my wife and kids when our stock JKU did it on a motorway in Strasbourg. I have experienced it before in XJs so I was a bit calmer but nonetheless surprised when it happened.