Alloys for Jeep Patriot

Ringo

• Platinum Member

Hi y'all, I got myself an 08 Patriot and it's a beast! BUT one thing's missing...decent alloys. I was thinking about getting some 22's and was wondering whether any of you more knowledgeable folk have an opinion on whether it's a good idea or not? And if you're in favour, any recommendations? Ta, love and sloppy kisses

• Platinum Member
Vuck Roger

Hi Tony,

I had a Patriot, but was a 2.4 Petrol... So I will jump in. Unless you plan to drive your MK exclusively on tarmac I would strongly advise against 22s. If you plan to do a bit of off-roading, then look into 18s or even 17s (I had 17s on my Altitude) because there are a lot more AT tyre options out there.

Enjoy your ride!

Hugo

• Platinum Member

Many thanks Hugo!

Yep I'm enjoying the Patriot, couldn't be happier. This one's just for the road, I've got others set up for the mud.

The Patriot's got 18s on at the moment at they don't do it justice.  Those wide wheel arches need something to fill em!  So 22s it is...there's a lot out there to choose from but I don't know enough about them to make a choice.  Every manufacturer says they're the best (obviously) which doesn't clear the mist.

Hopefully it'll aaaaall become clear.

Cheers!

Tony.

• Platinum Member
mad mechanic

With 22s fitted the ride will be horrendous on anything other than glass smooth roads, they do jump about a bit already on potholes so heaven knows what 22s will do to it...but each to there own fella  and good luck with it.