Hello from Hertfordshire

Another-Partial-Success

• Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

Hello all,

Scrolling through the messages I can see that I'm not the first person to be making the move from Jeep to Landrover!

I've owned Landrovers pretty much continuously for many years and to be honest never considered alternatives... this was until I encountered some very impressive Rubicons on some off-road tours earlier this year. 

A friend in the US has owned Jeeps for years (his current vehicle is a Rubicon) and when I've visited they have always impressed me... however it was only on the tours that their true off road ability was demonstrated.

The demise of the Defender has prompted me to look at my next vehicle - and to borrow a phrase from a very good friend, the Wrangler is what the Defender should have been.

So being new to Jeeps I'd welcome all input and am looking forward to becoming part of the Jeep community - I'm looking to make a purchase in the coming weeks and want to be sure I get it right!

jon

• Trade Member

Hello and welcome.

Only local to us.. we are based in Hoddesdon Hertfordshire, feel free to pop over and have a look over our Jeep Wrangler CRD. As stated above, the club has some rubicons allocated... so speak to stewart, otherwise you could be in for a very long wait.

Alex

• Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

Many thanks for the link...

...I had a brief email exchange with Stewart - I'll catch up again...

...I"m right up on the North Herts/Beds/Cambs border, but it's not a big trip down to Hoddesdon - it would be good to have a look.. thanks!

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

I'm in Waltham Abbey on the Essex/Herts borders. I drive the older TJ, but always up for a days local laning.

• Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

Great to see so many owners locally... and to be made so welcome!!!

Thanks all!

jon

• Platinum Member

hi jon and welcome . im from rugby but always up for a meet and some laning .  work permitting that is  :icon_lol: :wav1

• Platinum Member

Hi Jon! Welcome aboard! I'm nowhere near you!  I'm in 'ampshire!! I'm only a nipper on here just joined recently but they're a friendly bunch!

• Platinum Member

Hi Jon  :wav1. Welcome.

Not too far from you, Beds/Bucks border if you're going to any meets. Have you got your Rubicon yet? You will love it, don't think you'll regret moving from Defenders ( even though you may not have much choice about it now )

Cheers

• Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

I have to say I've not heard from anyone who has made the move and has regretted it!

I've not got the Rubicon yet - it's a "work in progress" - but I'm looking to get sorted in the next few weeks.

I'm a member of GLASS and regularly go on off-road tours... a Hert/Beds/Bucks meet once I'm sorted sounds good!

jon

• Platinum Member

I'm a bit further south  - Watford area. But would be happy to meet for laning in my '97 TJ.

• Platinum Member

Welcome Jon!

You are not alone.  Last September at the Adventure Overland Show we started to get a lot of Landy visitors on our stand who were interested in Wrangler.

Your timing is good to as there are a few Rubicon's that the club has secured on the ground.  Otherwise it can be a bit of a wait to order and take delivery of one.

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

An update on my initial welcome...

... deposit paid on a lovely black Rubicon - picking up in July! If the dates align then I'll be along to the Summer Camp... it's just down the road from me!

Very excited - can't wait!

• Platinum Member

Hello all,

Scrolling through the messages I can see that I'm not the first person to be making the move from Jeep to Landrover!

Hi Jon

I get to The Cloisters quite frequently  :wav2 and you shouldn't be able to  miss my new JKU, it seems. Be happy to meet and compare notes. Where you going for the Rubi? (I'm sure you meant that the other way round btw). I also get off road in Weston Hills occasionally. As you'll see from pics in my posts.

• Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

That was a bit of a mistake on my part - it should of course have said "From Landrover to Jeep"!  Oops!

I'll certainly look for your JKU and it would be good to catch up... even though Weston is just on our doorstep I don't think i had any idea there were lanes up at Weston Hills!

I ordered the Rubi via Stewart and the JOC from Horsham Car Centre... and I can't wait to pick it up!!!

• Platinum Member

Nice one on the Rubi Jon. What colour?

Look at my  recent post regarding Hood Lock. That'll explain the Weston Hills bit. You could join our beaters though on a winter Saturday, that would get you in some mud.

• Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

I went for Black... I've not had a black car for a long time.. so it made a change!

I'll check out Hood Lock - sounds intriguing - and it would be good to catch up for some lanes (and mud, where available!).

• Platinum Member

I went for Black... I've not had a black car for a long time.. so it made a change!

I'll check out Hood Lock - sounds intriguing - and it would be good to catch up for some lanes (and mud, where available!).

You'll obviously let us all know when you have it home, we'll have to meet up!

• Platinum Member

Is this sounding like a Herts lanes meet in the making?? :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member
Another-Partial-Success

Hello all!

Looking to pick up the Rubicon a week on Tuesday (or so)... and then meeting you all - either around Herts or at the Summer Camp where I'll be dropping in!