New member.

Jimbo

• Platinum Member

Hi folks!

Just joined and bought my first Jeep today, I've always admired Jeeps ever since a good friend of mine bought his 4.7 v8 a few years ago, in particular I always fancied an XJ but good petrol ones seem to be commanding a little bit more than I can currently afford, however, I did stumble upon what seems like a bargain! A year 2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Limited in dark metallic Green with a genuine 63,000 miles on the clock! I've only owned it since this afternoon but I love it already! The alloys could do with a refurb and I get the impression generally that it has spent most of it's life (Since 2004 anyway) just sitting around, did 30 odd miles of motorway work getting her home today and everything seems great so far! Will be spending most of tomorrow giving her a good clean and getting acquainted with all her attributes! I do need a new or good pair of second-hand bonnet support hydraulic arms though which I will look into at some point in the next couple of days, at the moment I have to hold the bonnet up myself or find a lump of timber from the shed!! Ha! Ha! Anyway I will post some pics on the members Jeeps section after I've cleaned her up just in case anyone's interested! Speak to you soon, thanks folks!!

• Administrators

Welcome to the Club James  :wav2 Great choice of Jeep check out the events section if you wish to join us at one of our events this year? suitable for all Jeeps and driver skills, we also have some social meets organised by local area reps from time to time!

• Platinum Member

Hello there! Thanks for your warm welcomes everyone! Didn't get a chance to take any pics of my Jeep today but will do at some point over the weekend, reason being my neighbour and I spent half the day removing the side steps as I discovered they were both completely rotten underneath the hard plastic covers! Must have been a bit of a water trap but luckily the rest of the Jeep hasn't been contaminated with the dreaded tin worm, she's in fine shape otherwise! Had to get the impact wrench onto the mounting bolts in the end but they still proved to be stubborn little critters!! Spent the second half of the day cleaning, hoovering and generally fiddling around, she scrubs up lovely, must have spent a lot of time sitting around methinks! I have kept the full length hard plastic step covers as they are in good condition and they just unclipped quite easily, I don't think i'll replace the side steps as I personally think it looks better without them and it's a little less baggage to carry around! I was surprised how heavy they were even though their composition was mostly rust!! Don't know if it would be worth putting the plastic covers up for grabs as I'm not sure they would be of use to anyone? Anyway, i'm looking forward to my future membership as part of the club and conversing with you all at some stage, Thank you Folks, great stuff!

• Platinum Member

.....by the way, ordered a new pair of bonnet support hydraulic arms today, they should be arriving at some point tomorrow i'm told, waheey!

• Platinum Member

Thank you to all you lovely people, great stuff, I've finally got round to posting a couple of pics on a thread in the members Jeeps bit! By the way, i'm not having much success at putting smileys on my posts, I click on the appropriate one but it doesn't go into the text, am I doing something wrong? Thank you for any advice.

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

If you are using Microsoft Edge, they won't. The site doesn't seem to be optimised for it yet.

• Platinum Member

Aha! Thanks for that Steve! That explains it, this laptop is only a couple of weeks old and it's Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge! It's obviously miscombobulated!