Wanted a jeep for years.

Russandemm

• Platinum Member
Russandemm

Hi all I'm new to this site so hopefully I've posted this in the right section. I have a 98 tj and will endevour to do all my own service / mechanical work so I'll post any little tips I pickup and hopefully will be able to pick the brains of some of you guys. For example I  changed the transmission fluid in my 2.5 tj and on every site I looked on it said the drain plugs on the passenger side. Then Eureka it dawned on me that they were talking about lhd jeeps, in the uk the fill holes on the rigbt an both that an the drain take a 24mm socket. Ps make sure you undo the fill plug first to ensure you can refill it.

Cheers all.

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the club,

My first Jeep was a 1998 2.5 TJ in forest green, when I lived over in the states :)

Is it a hardtop or soft top with half doors?

All advice is welcome and helpful with plenty to go around here.

• Platinum Member
Russandemm

Hiya it's got full and half doors and a hard and soft top. I'm going to sell the hard top as I don't use it, but its from a YJ I think, anyhow it fits but I prefer the best top soft top.

I may pick your brains later regarding the axels.

Cheers an have a good day. Russ.

• Administrators

Hi Russ,

Welcome to the Club you're not a million miles from me! I will be organising a South East social meet up very soon!

• Platinum Member
Russandemm

Cheers Stewart sound great, at the mo my jeeps pretty standard apart from 31" tyres but I'm game for a laugh.