Tooos

jason

• Platinum Member

Anyone been using the Halfords professional 200 socket set? Would like to know if worth getting considering that some of the sockets are imperial.

Special price £127

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

I’ve got the 200 or the one above it, can’t complain about the quality of the tools not damaged one yet.

I would say that in reality I probably use about 10-20% of the bits but carry them all where ever i go.

I do have one negative thou.... while the tools are a good quality, the case on the other hand could use some work.

The push fit indents that hold the sockets are abit undersize in my opinion and the metal clamps that hold it together at the front fall off all the time.

Id still reccommend one.

I’ve got the 200 or the one above it, can’t complain about the quality of the tools not damaged one yet.

I would say that in reality I probably use about 10-20% of the bits but carry them all where ever i go.

I do have one negative thou.... while the tools are a good quality, the case on the other hand could use some work.

The push fit indents that hold the sockets are abit undersize in my opinion and the metal clamps that hold it together at the front fall off all the time.

Id still reccommend one.

I agree entirely with this post, I'd recommend a set, had mine for the best part of a year.

• Platinum Member

The general quality is good and more than adequate for most people.

Only downsides I have experienced 

1. Their Torx and Allen drivers are to soft.

2.  Depending on the age of the vehicle you work on you will probably not use the imperial pieces at all.

3. Have had their extentions, breaker bars, universal joints snap

Sometimes it can actually work out better to combine some of there smaller sets together. I'm sure they used to do a 1/4 & 3/8 drive metric only set and a seperate 1/2 drive metric set that will have almost everything you need.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

I bought one for my kid a few years back, its decent enough and Halfords replaces anything that breaks which as above mentioned...the torx seem to break quite a bit as they are soft

• Platinum Member

Sound advice from a high end mechanic  :great:

Any tools are better than none though when you need them most.  :gasp:

• Platinum Member

Any tools are better than none though when you need them most.  :gasp:

They've fixed your XJ before  :icon_e_biggrin:

But i agree Trox comment.

Account_Deleted_02

Great tools. Had my 200 odd piece set for over 10 years and it gets used a lot. I have broken torx bits (usually in the winter, guessing they go brittle) but you can replace individual items easily.

As said before, blow mounded case is pants.

The best and most useful socket set I have ever had.

• Platinum Member

Also got the same set, but as mentioned here, a lot of the bits will never / very rarely get used, then again, what you get for what you pay for is difficult to beat

So far, haven't broken anything, but the trox bits I think might be the first to snap...