• Platinum Member

So far I have:

B&B (softies):

Mark +1

Wildjeeper62 + 1

Camping:

Graham

Sven + 1

With age comes wisdom young man , I have been in West Wales during torrential downpours before whilst camping many moons ago ...Have seen the aftermath ,, will B&B fankoo  :icon_study:

• Administrators

So far I have:

B&B (softies):

Mark +1

Wildjeeper62 + 1

Camping:

Graham

Sven + 1

With age comes wisdom young man , I have been in West Wales during torrential downpours before whilst camping many moons ago ...Have seen the aftermath ,, will B&B fankoo  :icon_study:

:rofl:  Just think you'll be in the warm with a nice pint!!!  :scratch:

• Platinum Member

A little surprised so few have joined in this weekend, expecting some really good laning and a bit of a challenge :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Hi Mark,

I really look forward to it too.

I must admit that I've never took my KJ in anything deeper than 10 to 12in streams so the Corwen Carwash seems to be a real challenge! My GF is really worried about it but I can't wait to have a go. Lol

I prepared myself for it. I relocated the horn from under the passenger wheel arch to a higher spot under the Fuse box and I made waterproof the washer bottle as there are electric cables connected to it.

We will be leaving home about 2pm.

Chris

• Platinum Member

Well enjoy your run!!

Mark make sure you take lot's of Video's & photos...

For me it will be next time... :grrrrrr:  :icon_evil:  :icon_bounce: :gasp: :na:

Fil.

• Platinum Member

Just enjoying dinner now n Llangollen beside the river Fairly good run up here . Dry and bright for anyone camping, lovely evening looking forward to tomorrow pics to follow ,

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Hi Mark,

We are now in Cannock for the night, about 20 miles North of Birmingham.

We had a nightmare on M25 it took us 5hr to do a 3.5hr journey. But never mind we are going to have some dinner and get up early . Enjoy your evening and see you tomorrow morrow morning.

Chris & Leigh

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

"I suspect you got caught up in the lorry fire."

Yes that was on M25 then on M40 a motorbike crashed 1/2 mile in front of us!

Hope the rest of the weekend will cheer us up.

• Administrators

Just went out side here in Kent and it's freezing ! Decided to get a curry in and have a beer!  :icon_e_biggrin:

Do you get any 3G there? If you do then why no more pic's ? :useless:

• Platinum Member

3G?? It's Wales mate. Not central London. Expect more pics and detail tomorrow night. Having a good time though. Weather dry all day. Bit of sun. Painful ankle for Eddie and a damaged rear for Mark and damaged front for Graham.

• Platinum Member

Just got in.

Write up:

2 Armenian guys, a French dude, a Dutch bloke and some English people went to Wales .....

On day one, arrival was a bit chaotic (lesson learned, my mistake), but we managed to gather everyone and departed only 30 mins late. The weather gods appeared to look favourable upon us and we set of to the first track. This turned out to be quite a steep one with little grip, so Low gear required. Unfortunately, at this point, Mark seemed to have an issue with Graham  :suspect: (I'll let Mark explain). The rest of the morning into the early afternoon all went smooth. Quite a few lanes covered without to many mishaps. Only Eddy bruised his ankle on a branch. Quick attention by Graham saw this well bandaged.

080508-195834-760007.jpg

Arrived at the pub for lunch just before 3pm. A bit later than planned, but the pub stayed open for us  :great: If you ever need a friendly pub with nice food: Tafarn Yr Eryrod/Eagles Inn, Llanuwchllyn, LL23 7UB

After lunch we managed one quick lane and then headed to our accommodation. Camping for the normal people, B&B for the softies.

Next morning we set off again, first get some petrol and then onto some laning. The lanes were a bit tougher today. More rocks and rutts. But we managed to all get through without too many difficulties. Only the last lane defeated us. Limited grip and not enough articulation meant that we had to back out. Chris lost his other wheel arch here  :icon_eek: Chris, perhaps you can show us a picture of your missing arches?

All in all a very nice weekend laning.

Moses, Eddy, Chris and Leigh: It was a pleasure getting to know you.

Graham, Mark and brov: Nice seeing you again.

Photos:

http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/jeepownersclubuk/slideshow/Wales%202013?sort=9

Videos:

Account_Deleted_02

Camping.....warm..... :great:

Brilliant couple of days in good company. Thank you Sven & Lisa for hosting and organising.  Got home just before 8 (the following wind helped) and put the wounded beastie to bed in the garage.  I'll sort some photos out tomorrow and post links.

Looking forward to the next one now!

See you all soon,

Graham.

• Platinum Member

Temperature was fine for camping. But that wind... All night buffeting on the tent. Unbelievable.

• Platinum Member

Pics does look good .. Not one of the all famous 'car wash' then?

Mark / Graham - what happend?  :gasp:

Account_Deleted_02

Well.....

Now there's a story.....

Lets just say that my TJ broke the fall of the Mark's KJ.  No body was hurt and Jeeps can be fixed.  :great:

Graham. :icon_e_wink:

• Platinum Member

:oops: :oops: I had a senior moment and did a very silly thing which resulted in my car rolling backwards into Graham , Repairs organised and payment agreed as long as Graham is 100 percent happy with the re :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:pair, silly accident , minor prang , never done it before and hopefully wont happen again :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:grrrrrr: NOW CAN WE CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!

• Platinum Member

THANK YOU JEEP OWNERS CLUB FOR A FANTASTIC WEEKENDS LAN DRIVING!!!!!!¬

Had a brilliant time marred only by my incident , Sven was superb as group leader , cant be faulted  :great: :great: :great: :great:,

It was nice spending the weekend with such a nice group of people ,great fun  nice to put faces to names I have not met before, look forward to seeing you again at another event,

I have a load of videos and pics to sift through , have made a start deleting the dross , just need to post the best of the rest ASAP.