opinions please

davexj

• Platinum Member

been getting more and more into offroading in my xj lately and its starting to show it. its my daily driver so i will more than likely buy a second jeep just to offroad.

the thing is i cant decide which one.

i know where there is a 99 tj 4.0. its standard appart from lpg conversion and 31" tyres. it has a hard top but its manual. i would have preferred auto but not the end of the world to convert it. its going for 3k but no tax, test and it needs a rear window

the other jeep is a 2 door xj. its basically a shell but that doesent bother me. the intended plan is to convert it to a pick up and bob the rear for better departure angle. long arm coil spring suspension all round and suitable axles. probably 4.0 auto motor. i reckon i could have the majority of it done for near to 3k

so which one?? opinions please

Bradleyu1

You can get a very tidy standard XJ for around £1000-£1500, worth spending the money doing the upgrades yourself.

0||||||0  2010 JKU

• Platinum Member
IrishMick

I'd go for the 2dr XJ, those are pretty rare to find these days

• Platinum Member

A 2 door XJ all the way.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm with Paul, I love TJ's but I'd be taking the 2 Door XJ home myself ! :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've owned both  :icon_rolleyes:

Tj has more going for it & loads more bits to bolt on  :great:

& it would be a shame to spoil an xj  :icon_rolleyes:

• Platinum Member

im of the same opinion about butchering a 2 dr xj. one has come up local to me thats running with spares but it is all original and would be a shame to ruin it by converting it to a pick up and bobbing the rear. i would love a tj its the money for them thats putting me off. found loads of 4 dr xjs local for cheap but they all diesel and i was hoping to get a petrol auto. i'll have to make my mind up and bite the bulit