The things we do for our jeeps

Christian

• Platinum Member

Spent the weekend digging this hole... i need the excerise and my jeep needs a place to rest.

IMG_8106.thumb.JPG.ba763bd59f69bf2521adb58271697afa.JPG

• Platinum Member

By hand?!

The two builders that quoted me two days with a mini digger should be ashamed of themselves.

One and half days and 3 skips and I'm 85% done by hand.

• Platinum Member

Leave it like that and park it on the ridges lol

Im hoping the skips have gone today so i can try it tonight....

(the other half has already said... "its not staying like that".....)

• Platinum Member

we had the same problem when the wifes Renegade arrived 2" to long for the drive to get the gates shut had to cut away half our decking away and move 2 sheds to get it in    :mdr:

• Platinum Member

Thing is... when i sell the house... "off road parking" wouldn't really be a lie.... would it.

• Platinum Member

Get some big rocks and park it on them demonstrating your excellent axle articulation now that would be cool  :great:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

That looks fantastic ...fairplay  :glasses: did you not get a pic of your Jeep in the mud hole

• Platinum Member

That looks fantastic ...fairplay  :glasses: did you not get a pic of your Jeep in the mud hole

Unfortunately... between the last skip getting picked up and 9 ton of rock being dropped off i was at work...

when i break into those last few bags...ill get it on on the rocks.

I tell ya... its gives you a whole new level of respect for all these stone walls we have in fields all over the country. I can't imagine building a double faced wall on a field at 45 degrees.

• Platinum Member

Unfortunately... between the last skip getting picked up and 9 ton of rock being dropped off i was at work...

when i break into those last few bags...ill get it on on the rocks.

I tell ya... its gives you a whole new level of respect for all these stone walls we have in fields all over the country. I can't imagine building a double faced wall on a field at 45 degrees.

Yes, it looks fantastic now, shame its not a boulder display for jeeps only.

Every time I go through the lake district or snowdonia those walls heading straight up and over hills amaze me every time

• Platinum Member
Maverick23

Impressive Christian :great:

Looking forward to seeing it finished ... but probably not as much as you are ...

• Platinum Member

Shaping up really good you must be pleased, what are you using  for the drive base.

• Platinum Member

Shaping up really good you must be pleased, what are you using  for the drive base.

I was originally going to use some reinforced concrete, but now I’m thinking I might look for some big stone flags.

• Platinum Member

I was originally going to use some reinforced concrete, but now I’m thinking I might look for some big stone flags.

Looking top draw mate, great work.  Tough call deciding on a surface, flags would look perfect but could turn it into an ice rink...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Currently awaiting delivery of some stone slabs for the steps before i can do any more walling.

Still not decide what to use for the main section yet.