'Approved by Jeep'

TimC

• Platinum Member

I've just been on the JOG website and they have a section called "trails" under JOG World. It lists 6 "Approved by Jeep" pay & play sites in the UK  including Whaddon 4x4 and Devils Pit. Which is useful but........

anyone know what "approved by Jeep" means here and why?? and why just these, why not Parkwood  frinstance?  :scratch:

That's interesting, I can't find this, have you a link or could you copy the list, want to see if there are any ones I've not been to

0||||||0  2010 JKU

• Platinum Member

Brad, here's the link: https://ownersgroup.jeep.com/uk/en/jog_world/trails.

In case that doesn't work the others apart from DP and Whaddon are:

Buildwas Telford

Goose Meadow Leicester

Kirton N.Lincs ( think this one has maybe been used by the club?? )

Wild Tracks Newmarket

plus there's a bunch of other European ones. No idea what they have to be to get Jeep approved though, could be safety or whether they have toilets a burger van and a jet wash  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Buildwas ...Its @ 7 miles from where I live....clay based so if it rains large sections of the site are impassable helped run a  event there a few years back it was a disaster no local responsible 4x4 driver likes it

Oh and its shut....

• Platinum Member

Buildwas ...Its @ 7 miles from where I live....clay based so if it rains large sections of the site are impassable helped run a  event there a few years back it was a disaster no local responsible 4x4 driver likes it

Oh and its shut....

Hmmmm......... so one wonders why it's gets the Jeep stamp of approval then  :scratch:

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

Devils Pit is a joke in the wet (clay again) and gets torn to shreds by idiots in no-road legal vehicles. (in my experience).

Wildtracks is just a circuit with a few humps and bumps in it.

• Platinum Member

Devils Pit is a joke in the wet (clay again) and gets torn to shreds by idiots in no-road legal vehicles. (in my experience).

Wildtracks is just a circuit with a few humps and bumps in it.

I've not driven it but Whaddon looks quite nice for a smallish circuit, some hills and wooded bits, but again ...bogging clay when wet and lots of kids belting round on quad bikes when I was there.

• Platinum Member

Harbour Hill at Aldermaston is OK, fairly small acreage but plenty of variety from green to red to black!