setting the alarm on JKU when the roof is down

fen01

• Platinum Member

Is there anything I should be doing / not doing when locking my JK whilst the roof is open or down?

Normally I wold press the key once to lock and then again to alarm it confirmed by the double beep.

I've done this today when the freedom top open and the damn alarm has gone off.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

• Platinum Member

Press it once to lock & immobilise then press 3 more times, listen for bleep/chirp. Still locked etc but inside motion sensor disabled. Stupid design, far too sensitive, mine always goes off even with doors/windows closed. Any movement or change of cabin pressure due to temperature change sets them off. Should all be in the Owners Manual

• Platinum Member

Copy that, it's 4 presses to disable if you've got the top open or dogs in the car. Ridiculous that they don't seem to have this anywhere in the manual

• Platinum Member

Well I would expect no less, you guys with jeeps with proper roofs obviously get the proper instructions too LOL

• Platinum Member

Just tried this on our JK & it works.

Been feeling really sorry for our neighbors with 2 babies - the sodding alarm keeps going off in the early hours.

It's fine all day & then once the outside temp plummets off she goes!

Many thanks - (on behalf of our neighbors!)

• Platinum Member

Yours must be the executive model - alarm goes off to tell you to sheet up to stop the rain getting in! LOL.

• Platinum Member

I can't work out what the hell mine is doing. I click once and it locks, I get no beep with first or second click. Then I double click again and it beeps - I assume that means alarm is turned off since I've done that and the dogs haven't set the alarms off yet.

• Platinum Member
jeepstertim

As long as it beeps the sensors are off.  4 separate presses, any rythmn any tempo........

• Platinum Member

As long as it beeps the sensors are off.  4 separate presses, any rythmn any tempo........

ok, so there is no beep to say the alarm is on, I've just been doing one click when I lock it, imagine thats right now