Jeep Owners Club celebrating the 75th Anniversary - Part 1 Pyrennes adventure

stewart

• Administrators

Join us on a unforgettable trip for members to attend Camp Jeep Spain

Part 1 off the Jeep owners Club 75th celebrations will be kicked off with this amazing trip to Camp Jeep which will be held in Bassella Spain 2nd June to 5th of June 2016.

The plan is to meet up in Normandy early morning Sunday the 29th of May briefly take in some of the key sites and then set off for the Pyrenees. 

En route to the Pyrenees we will stop off Sunday night in Bordeaux.

Monday morning from Bordeaux we will get to the meet up point and then spend the next two and a half days (Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday) doing trails through the mountains before popping out and joining Camp Jeep Spain on Thursday 2nd June.

Club contribution of £200.00 for the Pyrenees portion of the trip. 

Accommodation will be your responsibility for the trip. Please contact us for full details of the trip and suggested stop over locations.

[smg id=1380 type=preview align=center width=600]

Attendees Full trip with Pyrenees :

[*]Stewart

[*] Volant165 Jim

[*] zapvat52 - Paul

[*]Savman - Paul

[*]Maverick23- Kerry

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

Separately there will be a JOC discount for the Camp Jeep tickets .The formal announcement for registration/prices should be this week from Jeep HQ.

Attendees Camp Jeep Only :

[*]Patrick

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[smg id=1965 type=preview align=center width=600]

• Platinum Member

Do you know the rough location for Monday/Tuesday  just need to work out if I can get from Mid Wales to Pyrenees or whether to head straight to Camp Jeep

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Do you know the rough location for Monday/Tuesday evening, just need to work out if I can get from Mid Wales to Pyrenees or whether to head straight to Camp Jeep

• Administrators

Do you know the rough location for Monday/Tuesday  just need to work out if I can get from Mid Wales to Pyrenees or whether to head straight to Camp Jeep

Hi Paul sent you a PM

• Platinum Member

Please put me down for the full trip ... booking 28th May to 6th June off work .... really looking forward to this adventure :great:

Would appreciate "accommodation" tips and further info when it becomes available ... also please let me know when funds should be paid.

Curious: will we not be setting off from the UK together?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Please put me down for the full trip ... booking 28th May to 6th June off work .... really looking forward to this adventure :great:

Would appreciate "accommodation" tips and further info when it becomes available ... also please let me know when funds should be paid.

Curious: will we not be setting off from the UK together?

Meeting in Normandy Sunday morning to set off as a group from there.  Some will take Saturday Folkstone crossing, I will be taking the Portsmouth/Cherbourg crossing to arrive in Normandy Saturday night.

• Platinum Member

Meeting in Normandy Sunday morning to set off as a group from there.  Some will take Saturday Folkstone crossing, I will be taking the Portsmouth/Cherbourg crossing to arrive in Normandy Saturday night.

Thanks Jim

I assume more details re the itinerary will be released in due course ... would like to know about accommodation and/or camping details ...

Whereabouts in Normandy are we meeting? maybe I will be setting off very early Sunday morning from Kent??

• Platinum Member

Details and itinerary will follow. Plan to meet Sunday near the Overlord museum for now.....

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62
Do you know the rough location for Monday/Tuesday evening, just need to work out if I can get from Mid Wales to Pyrenees or whether to head straight to Camp Jeep

Hi Paul,

You can take a Ferry from Plymouth to Santander.

It would save you lots of driving but it's not cheap this time of the year, around £450 one way with 1 cabin for the night.

Cheers,

Chris

• Administrators

We are talking to the organisers right now on a discount rate so please can anyone else interested let us know ASAP so we can let them know how many we need to discount for !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hello Stewart

I will be back in Spain around this time where will you be doing the majority of the off roading in France or Spain ?

I would like to do the whole trip but will be doing the Wales trip and then get the ferry to Santander so may pop up to join you from the mountains around Chulilla

Nick

Hi Nick one of our other members is doing a similar thing what day are you getting the Ferry ? You both may be on the same one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

:great:we leave tomorrow! Quite excited. Like those door stickers

• Platinum Member

Can you guys update on fuel situation if you get a chance. I probably came through France at the worst time in Thursday/Friday and had to fuel every 70 miles. Each stop stop 40 mins. Didn't get back till late last night. I'm hoping this weekend will be better but who knows

• Administrators

Can you guys update on fuel situation if you get a chance. I probably came through France at the worst time in Thursday/Friday and had to fuel every 70 miles. Each stop stop 40 mins. Didn't get back till late last night. I'm hoping this weekend will be better but who knows

It would appear to be vastly improved !! Fuel appears to be available. Local guy reckons it's better further south too

• Administrators

Made ok to France ready for tomorrow's trip down to Normandy beaches

image.thumb.jpeg.144ae5d17266fe213089458f4fe0670b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.910b92343bd9437692aa69f5a3186c41.jpeg

• Platinum Member

I've just got back from eastern France and had no issue with getting fuel on the autoroute. In fact at one point I stopped to fill up and was the only car on the forecourt.

• Platinum Member

Central France on the autoroute is fine no restrictions and every station has some. Paris had shortages. But today going south it's fine.

• Platinum Member

Currently on the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao. Arrive Bilbao Tuesday morning and we'll be at Bassella late afternoon Tuesday. This leaves us Wednesday free to sight see as Jeep Camp is Thursday.

I like those door logos. Are they permanent? Hope Stewart is carrying some  :gasp:

Patrick

• Platinum Member

Currently in Pyrenees camping for 3 days got loads of routes to do east of Andorra

• Administrators

Currently in Pyrenees camping for 3 days got loads of routes to do east of Andorra

What day are you getting to Camp Jeep?