JK CRD OIL & FILTER CHANGE

Paul103

• Platinum Member

So just given the JK an oil and filter service today and put in Mobil 1 Dexus 2  noticeable difference straight away, a lot quieter and smoother. I used the syringe and tube to get all the old oil out of the filter housing, more that i thought i would about 200 mls.

IMG_0503.thumb.JPG.6aa6dab5acc1f21fb22f33eba5fd1d5a.JPG

• Platinum Member

Hi Bradley

No mine does not have the DPF filter if yours has one you will need to use 5W-30 ESP Fully Synthetic also available From Mobil plus I always use a Mopar filter and a new sump plug washer.

No tips really it's just a straight  forward job to do.  Make sure you orientate the oil filter when you put it in the housing coat o ring with fresh oil so it seats ok

I don't think  people bother getting all the old oil from the filter housing , I just did it cos i had the kit to hand and i have OCD LOL

hope this helps

Paul.

• Platinum Member
jeepstertim

Euro car parts do all the right oils and very reasonable, wait for one of the weekend sales.

• Platinum Member

Hi Bradley

No mine does not have the DPF filter if yours has one you will need to use 5W-30 ESP Fully Synthetic also available From Mobil plus I always use a Mopar filter and a new sump plug washer.

No tips really it's just a straight  forward job to do.  Make sure you orientate the oil filter when you put it in the housing coat o ring with fresh oil so it seats ok

I don't think  people bother getting all the old oil from the filter housing , I just did it cos i had the kit to hand and i have OCD LOL

hope this helps

Paul.

You will notice that Mobil 1 0w-40 Dexus 2 is compatible with DPF's 

Been using it since May last year & changed it again in October

Does seem to run smoother, easier cold starts & gets to temp quicker.

Mines got 72,000 miles on it now so considering a 10w-40 as per ...

.... VM Motori

Factory Service Manual

Recommended Lubricants for  GB

RA428JK7/RA428jk7.05A - EU4 Engines

Q8 T 905 10W-40 for operating temperatures from -20C to +50C

Oils of different brands can be used provided that they have the following features:

Viscosity grade: SAE 10W-40

Specifications: ACEA E6

• Platinum Member

I have taken to buying in 20litre containers, works out much cheaper. It not like I am not going to be using it. Lol. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators

I have taken to buying in 20litre containers, works out much cheaper. It not like I am not going to be using it. Lol. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your going to be doing some miles Rolfe :gasp:!

• Trade Member

I use mobile 1 5w-30 esp for 2013 with dpf! Change it every 5,000 miles, so far so good.

Alex

• Platinum Member

Hi Bradley

There you go plenty of advice and recommendations  for you to go on.

Bluestar

Yes i was perfectly aware That Mobil 1 0w-40 Dexus 2 is compatible with DPFs  I was just passing on information as per the Chrysler recommendations see below as I believe that both Bradley's rig and mine are both 2010 models

Anyhow i,m away to fit today's parcel of goodies that's just arrived

Paul.

IMG_0504.thumb.JPG.0745066178151c3f0010c3f1c59424a3.JPG

Done the oil service today, new oil filter and air filter - All definitely needing doing

0||||||0  2010 JKU