Today I have Pulled my hair out with Eurocarparts HELP!!

Phaeton

• Platinum Member

My friend bought an untested Cherokee XJ Orvis last week, he asked it I would get it through the test for him, wasn't too bad, a loose seatbelt, a side light (which wasn't out the night before) a leaky injector bleed off pipe & the nearside track rod (draglink) balljoint. Wasn't sure where to get one from but Eurocarparts claimed they could get me one for tomorrow (31st March) I confirmed it again with them yesterday on the phone to be sure, they then emailed me today to say it will now be another 5 - 7 working days. My wife is not happy to say the least as the drive ornament was supposed to go back for it's test on Friday & be collected on Saturday. I have found another supplier but he wants the Manufacturers part number to be sure he's supplying the correct before I do a 100 mile trip to fetch it. I have found part numbers 52006592 & 52005374 but I think they are LHD not RHD can somebody please confirm for me. There is also a company in Germany on Fleecebay but again I want to be 100% certain I'm ordering the right part as returning is often difficult & expensive.

It's a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Orvis 2.5TD RHD Reg No X544 HLN I can get the VIN number if somebody tells me where it is if it will help. Desperate to get this at a reasonable cost to get it back on the road.

• Platinum Member

Okay I have got a reply from a guy in US who is telling me that the part I need is 52006582 again can anyone please confirm.

• Platinum Member

Once again thanks, just had an email response from Jeepey they don't have stock or allow collection, but I'll search & see if I can find the others.

• Platinum Member

The saga continues, EVENTUALLY Eurocarparts came through & they delivered yesterday direct from Germany the part which having checked twice with them it was the correct item arrived & it is for a LHD Cherokee.

It was a Blue Print unit & by signing up for their catalogue I found out the item I really needed is ADA108707C Image of correct part on their site problem is with them messing about the MOT 10 day window closes tomorrow.

I have found somebody on Amazon who claims to have one in stock for next day delivery but £25 more expensive, but at this point I don't care I just want it fitted & MOT'd I go on holiday on Saturday for a week & this was all supposed to have been sorted by then.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent somewhere, anyone want to buy  X reg Orvis with 12 months MOT?