Greetings From Rugby

Danielcmorris

• Platinum Member
Danielcmorris

Hey,

My name is Daniel I'm from Rugby in the Midlands,, I recently purchased a new Wrangler Rubicon 3.6 and am awaiting delivery. Joined Jeep Owners Club  as I've loved Wranglers as long as I can remember and have wanted one for just as long.  I also can't wait to get to know some  more jeep enthusiasts and attend some of the events.

I've even already got some questions for you all! :)

Q1 - anyone know the current wait time for Rubicons in the UK, along with any way to track?

Q2 - I have added Rosta LED running lights to my Jeep but now slightly concerned they will not be suitable for off road use (durability, wading water etc). Even though they will be installed by Jeep and it is an official mopar accessory?

Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting some of you at future events!

:mdr:

• Platinum Member

welcome to the club Daniel , got no answers to your questions but great to find a fellow jeeper also from rugby  :wav1

• Platinum Member
Danielcmorris

Have you been a member long? Have you been on many of the events?

Agreed nice to know there is fellow jeepers nearby! I think I may have even seen your Jeep around! :)

• Platinum Member

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Club. new member myself. Don't know what you've been quoted for delivery time ( and there are certainly people on here who know what current would be ) but when I ordered mine it was 6 months. It actually turned out to be eight because apparently 6 months is the 'build' time and there was another 8 weeks of 'order processing, shipping, delivery, customs clearance...........  but it also depends on whether they have one already in the system that's not been allocated yet. I couldn't track it myself, they wouldn't let me into their system but if you keep on at the dealer they should be able to send you factory status updates off their system , it's nice to see YOUR jeep as it progresses at least they did for me, I guess it depends on the dealer.

Anyway, one thing I can say for sure is that it's definitely, definitely worth the wait!! :glasses:

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the club.  :zozz_newbie:

I hope you know once you get a Jeep, then you will never have any money......  :rofl:

I can't wait to see the pictures.

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the club.  :zozz_newbie:

I hope you know once you get a Jeep, then you will never have any money......  :rofl:

I can't wait to see the pictures.

Ditto that !!  :icon_lol:

• Platinum Member
Danielcmorris

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and the info ref waiting times!

Hopefully it won't be 8 months, I'll go insane! Knowing my luck they will announce details on the next model before mine arrives. But hey ho, I can't wait to get my Jeep.

Will be sure to upload some pics as soon as it arrives!

Ps if anyone knows about the Rosta running lights please let me know as I could sill cancel these.

• Platinum Member

ive done the days out around the quarries there great fun and something for all abilities ,next ones at colford looking forward to another great day  :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member

not been a member very long, but had the jeep when it was about 18 months old and its just great runs rings round the landrovers I used to have .

Welcome Daniel :great:

Lead times do seem to vary but 3/6 months seems to be the norm .

Lots of local members to you, make sure you keep an eye out for n the events page , more than welcome to cone along and meet everyone , chat and get ideas of how to spend you hard earned on before you Rubicon arrives :great:

P.S. You love it when in dies arrive , well worth the wait ! :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Hi Daniel and welcome to JOC :wav2

I ordered my 2016 Rubicon (JKUR) on 21.7.15 and it arrived at my dealer exactly 4 months later ... which was a pleasant surprise ... (NB you normally need to add another couple of weeks for dealer PDI). I finally picked mine up on 4.1.16 after have some body work mods done by the dealer (Horsham Jeep) ... infact I could have picked it up before Christmas, but I chose to wait for a 2016 registration.

The dealer should be happy to keep you up to date as your new build vehicle changes status ... just ask them. Horsham were as keen as I was to know the progress and knowing the updates certainly makes the whole buying process more exciting ... at least it did for me :glasses:

As to ordering one now? You are still likely to be told "the usual 6 months wait for a UK Rubicon". Sometimes the senior members of JOC can have some inside knowledge on how UK orders are going. I do know from my own experience that Jeep UK are trying to improve lead times for its customers. One thing is certain ... it will be worth the wait - the Rubicon is a truly unique and fantastic vehicle to own and drive :great:

Good luck in your quest.

• Platinum Member
Danielcmorris

Thanks Maverick

It would be great if it is only 3 months! I'm never that lucky mind due lol. Definitely going to come along to some of the events before hand though it would be great to meet some of the other members. How often are the meets in the Midlands? I looked on the members events and couldn't see anything round here coming up?

Hi Daniel, we tend to have events where there are either off road sites or a good number of green lanes, we do also have local meet ups for coffee or a fry up etc , it's been a while in the midlands so keep an eye out, we'll have the one soon I'm sure :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest grey thunder

Gives you lots of time to sort your mods out...take a look at this months Total off road mag...lets hope you use it on the trails and not for just

cruising in  :great:

great choice