What the............

TimC

• Platinum Member

I've just noticed that I am now a PREMIUM MEMBER!! :happy: how did that happen? HAHA no longer a mere standard member, now I get better seating, access to the VIP lounge, ....free beer too probably....... :icon_bounce:.can't wait

:great: Tim

• Platinum Member

I think you have to wait a bit longer before you get the keys to the executive portaloo Tim :glasses:

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

I think you have to wait a bit longer before you get the keys to the executive portaloo Tim :glasses:

OK, so no lounge access or free beer........ :icon_cry: but there is an executive portaloo right? sounds like that could come in real handy, specially with Whitecliffe coming up  :icon_cool: guess all I have to do is keep posting, can't be too many to go now.

With that in mind here's a "what the...? " rant thought I would share.....

a couple of months back a colleague at work brings in a copy of Autoexpress and leaves it lying around in an obvious location.  I notice the cover story is 2015/2016 SUVs, every SUV reviewed and rated. This of course gets my interest and I have a look to see what they have to say about my favourite brand. Needless to say I didn't really expect to see a Jeep rated number 1 ( this was a Volvo XC90  ) but maybe something in top 10.... or top 20. I can't remember exactly where the Cherokee, Grand Cherokee and renegade were rated because I was looking for the wrangler. Top 50 then surely..... Nope apparently according to Autoexpress the Jeep Wrangler is the second worst SUV on the planet, only coming in ahead of the SSanyong Korando, placed 86 out of 87.

If only I had known!! If only I had read Autoexpress before going out and buying one I could have saved making a terrible mistake and got a Dacia Duster instead ( rated 7th best and ahead of the Range Rover Vogue  :icon_e_confused: ) or even a Mini Paceman, sorry  :scratch: a mini paceman is an SUV am I missing something ? what is the definition of SUV Autoexpress?? Even the Land Rover Defender got into the top half! I have nothing against Land rovers but by very few measures is a defender a "better" SUV than a Wrangler, unless maybe you want to rescue sick sheep from the fellside or cart bales of hay about.

Anyhoo said copy of autoexpress went promptly into the bin, only possible silver lining ( Selfish I know) but I kind of like the fact that there aren't many Jeeps about, just seeing another one on the road gives me the urge to flash headlights and convoy for a bit at least this kind of lazy so-called journalism isn't going to propel Jeep to be as common as BMWs any time soon

Sorry carried away, rant over........ :grrrrrr:

• Administrators

OK, so no lounge access or free beer........ :icon_cry: but there is an executive portaloo right? sounds like that could come in real handy, specially with Whitecliffe coming up  :icon_cool: guess all I have to do is keep posting, can't be too many to go now.

With that in mind here's a "what the...? " rant thought I would share.....

a couple of months back a colleague at work brings in a copy of Autoexpress and leaves it lying around in an obvious location.  I notice the cover story is 2015/2016 SUVs, every SUV reviewed and rated. This of course gets my interest and I have a look to see what they have to say about my favourite brand. Needless to say I didn't really expect to see a Jeep rated number 1 ( this was a Volvo XC90  ) but maybe something in top 10.... or top 20. I can't remember exactly where the Cherokee, Grand Cherokee and renegade were rated because I was looking for the wrangler. Top 50 then surely..... Nope apparently according to Autoexpress the Jeep Wrangler is the second worst SUV on the planet, only coming in ahead of the SSanyong Korando, placed 86 out of 87.

If only I had known!! If only I had read Autoexpress before going out and buying one I could have saved making a terrible mistake and got a Dacia Duster instead ( rated 7th best and ahead of the Range Rover Vogue  :icon_e_confused: ) or even a Mini Paceman, sorry  :scratch: a mini paceman is an SUV am I missing something ? what is the definition of SUV Autoexpress?? Even the Land Rover Defender got into the top half! I have nothing against Land rovers but by very few measures is a defender a "better" SUV than a Wrangler, unless maybe you want to rescue sick sheep from the fellside or cart bales of hay about.

Anyhoo said copy of autoexpress went promptly into the bin, only possible silver lining ( Selfish I know) but I kind of like the fact that there aren't many Jeeps about, just seeing another one on the road gives me the urge to flash headlights and convoy for a bit at least this kind of lazy so-called journalism isn't going to propel Jeep to be as common as BMWs any time soon

Sorry carried away, rant over........ :grrrrrr:

I gave up buying Autodistress years ago!  :grrrrrr:

• 8 months later...
  • Platinum Member

I've just noticed that I am now a PREMIUM MEMBER!! :happy: how did that happen? HAHA no longer a mere standard member, now I get better seating, access to the VIP lounge, ....free beer too probably....... :icon_bounce:.can't wait

:great: Tim

what the.......??

wow, platinum membership!  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:  I cock a snook at mere premium membership!  :icon_cool: It's the gold plated portaloo at the pay and play for me now, free beer for sure as well, scantily clad handmaidens to lather down the Rubi after events.......oh the perks  :icon_flower:

............can't wait

• Platinum Member

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm platinum as well.....

Could it be a sign of those who just spend tooooooooo much time on here??

• Platinum Member

Platinum was the politest name we could think of for those who spend so much time on the JOC forum!  :icon_e_wink:

You know it Jules :icon_geek: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: