Front Page of 4x4 Magazine

Wildjeeper62

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Hi guys,

I am pleased to say that the hard work of Jim Sunderland has for once made the Front page of a 4x4 Magazine.

Time to rush to the kiosk !!  :great:

4X4_Magazine_Front_Page__Pic_2.thumb.JPG.64be76e8ffe6d25c7e761f0d8ef2eb34.JPG

Should arrive any day soon! Looking forward to reading all about it! :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Hi whens it out looks like some good reading , monster engine and set up

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Thanks guys  :great:

Sorry for not replying earlier I am either at work or working on the Jeep.

Some of you must be thinking what else I am now doing to the poor thing.

The issue with the Hemi in the JK is that it is quite a big engine for the size of the engine bay so cooling and evacuation of hot air is very important.

So I am replacing the single 16" Spal Fan (1918 CFM)  by a Dual 11in Spal Fan (2720 CFM)

The single fan was good for normal driving in town under 30mph as above that speed the fan are not used for cooling., but I was worried that it would be overworked when Off Roading.

I am going to try it at Clyro Court at the end of the month.

16in_Spal_Fan_Pic_1.thumb.JPG.9e5bfabad6c5ca825f8bd2b7c19791c4.JPG

IMG_0697_202899.thumb.JPG.9178e3ccd9263c1d69d999917c189854.JPG

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

I don't know the brand of the Radiator but it is definitely Aluminium.

It was part of the Hemi Kit I bought from JeepSpeedshop along with the complete stainless steel exhaust.

• Platinum Member

Really good article and what a great Jeep ... well done Christian :great:

Can't tell from the pictures, but have have you considered a vented bonnet (hood) to help with heat build up in engine bay?

Look forward to further developments ... there is always more :glasses:

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Thanks Kerry I appreciate the compliment.

I fitted 5 Louvers to my Bonnet before doing the engine conversion.

It was good with the 3.8l V6 but not sure if it will be enough with this engine.

I must try it in off road conditions to see what it's like.

If the Louvers are not good enough I've got a Plan B.

• Administrators

Looks Good Christian

A couple of us have just comeback from Florence Oregon participating on a driver training course run by Chris Wood who works for AEV he is also a Trainer for International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association  I managed to get a shot in the AEV 6.4 Hemi on the sand dunes ! So much torque !

Regarding heat AEV developed their Bonnet for this very project ! It actually does work very well! On dozer it really didn't need extra cooling but with the older 3.8 the CRD and Hemi I would go for the AEV heat reduction Hood. A lot of R&D went into the bonnet and designed with aerodynamics and maximum cooling effect in mind.

Great conversion though Christian good to see ! Love that Hemi!! Awesome engine  :glasses:

Hopefully we can see you out at Some JOC events this year? Been a while since we have seen you be nice to catch up!

• Platinum Member

Thanks Kerry I appreciate the compliment.

I fitted 5 Louvers to my Bonnet before doing the engine conversion.

It was good with the 3.8l V6 but not sure if it will be enough with this engine.

I must try it in off road conditions to see what it's like.

If the Louvers are not good enough I've got a Plan B.

Stewart just popped in with my suggestion ~ AEV heat reduction hood

However, will keep watching to see if you need your own "Plan B" ........ its a long road :glasses:

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Looks Good Christian

A couple of us have just comeback from Florence Oregon participating on a driver training course run by Chris Wood who works for AEV he is also a Trainer for International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association  I managed to get a shot in the AEV 6.4 Hemi on the sand dunes ! So much torque !

Regarding heat AEV developed their Bonnet for this very project ! It actually does work very well! On dozer it really didn't need extra cooling but with the older 3.8 the CRD and Hemi I would go for the AEV heat reduction Hood. A lot of R&D went into the bonnet and designed with aerodynamics and maximum cooling effect in mind.

Great conversion though Christian good to see ! Love that Hemi!! Awesome engine  :glasses:

Hopefully we can see you out at Some JOC events this year? Been a while since we have seen you be nice to catch up!

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for your comments  :great:

I am glad that you like it. It's not a small project and even more so for a RHD model as there isn't a kit designed for it.

I saw your post about Jim and you having fun with the AEV Guys in Hemi equipped Jeeps in the US sunshine.

Lucky buggers !!

I am sure the AEV Heat reduction Hood is very good but I want to try my Jeep Off road to see if the increase of cooling with the new Dual Fan I just fitted is sufficient or not before deciding about more mods.

You're right I haven't done any JOC event last year because either they were clashing with something else or I was rostered working and couldn't get the cover.

This year I see your event is in Bedfordshire on 23/24 July. I am rostered to work Day shift on Sat 23rd but I am off on the Sunday so I just emailed work to try to get the Saturday off.

If I do get it we will see you there.  :great:

• Platinum Member
glastodan03

Wow what a project, will have to read that :great: all that rostering talk sounds like my job, you don't work for a well known breakdown association by any chance??? Lol

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Tell me about it.  I am now on nights until Monday morning.  :diablo:

• Platinum Member
glastodan03

I work most weekends as well so know how feel, Salisbury plains very lonely on a weekday :icon_cry: