Hi from Cheltenham

Yellow

• Platinum Member

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I recently sold her Range Rover Evoque *boo hiss* - now I'm not really allowed to make decisions because I'm the impulsive one and she wanted to be sensible and look at all the options, so when I nudged a Jeep brochure her way I held little hope of a Wrangler of my dreams.

Amazingly not long after, she saw that the Renegade won some award for best 4x4 2016 and we went on to have a look at the dealership in Swindon, we left having bought a new Renegade Trailhawk. I'm absolutely in love with it, dare I saw its nicer to drive on the road than the evoque?

It also just so happened that there was a Blue Unlimited Wrangler on display next to our desk as we filled in the paperwork on the Trailhawk. and so I took my chance and decided there and then to replace my Dihatsu Fourtrack with the Wrangler, so we are now a fully Jeep family in the space of a week.

I'll post some pictures of our Trailhawk tomorrow when the light is better, and the Wrangler is waiting to be collected, so can't post those just yet.

• Platinum Member

Welcome Harry,

Guessing Paul sold you your new toys...great guy; he sold me the JKU and the JKUR.

I am very near you...drop me a line if you want to do a few Cotswold / Glos / North Wilts Lanes. 

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.

• Platinum Member

Yeah, I used to drive my friend's 2door wrangler when I lived in south africa (way more fun than my ancient nissan hardbody), and always wanted my own since then.

Yes Oddball, we can blame Paul for all of this, he was fantastic and would definitely go back again, but I think 2 new cars should do us for a while

• Platinum Member

Harry,

Welcome to the club, nice to see you taking to the brand in a big way.  :wav2

Do you think Jeep underwear is "taking to the brand in a big way" too far................. :icon_e_biggrin: !!??

Do you think Jeep underwear is "taking to the brand in a big way" too far................. :icon_e_biggrin: !!??

Tim,

That depends if you tell/show your brand loyalty to all you meet........

• Platinum Member

Well.... they're a comfortable ride and good in the mud.......

getting back to the thread

Harry, are you taking/ have you tried out the Renegade off road? I had a Black Renegade Trailhawk as a loan from the dealer and was quite prepared to hate it. Surprise surprise I thought it was great, really liked it (and so did Mrs C  :great: ) would be good to see one perform off the road.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Well.... they're a comfortable ride and good in the mud.......

getting back to the thread

Harry, are you taking/ have you tried out the Renegade off road? I had a Black Renegade Trailhawk as a loan from the dealer and was quite prepared to hate it. Surprise surprise I thought it was great, really liked it (and so did Mrs C  :great: ) would be good to see one perform off the road.

Cheers

Tim

We haven't yet had a chance to take it off road, but we have been told (by various non jeep people) that the renegades are really impressive offroad for what they are. I agree I wasn't too keep on it at first, had been pushing for a wrangler (which I got myself anyway) but the trailhawk really has surprised me so far.

No jeep underwear yet, still in my triumph sets, maybe a birthday present?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Harry!

Nice to hear your story! I think I remember seeing that Wrangler on Autotrader, really nice colour too!

I live in the Cheltenham area too (Bishops Cleeve to be precipice) I'll be sure to keep an eye out for ya.

Take it easy

Chaz