JK in Green

darrenh

• Platinum Member

Got the Smittybilt  XRC MOD front bumper fitted yesterday and also fitted my Superwinch Talon 12,500 lbs winch that I had on my WJ. Really like the bumper and here's a few pics from yesterday. Got the rear bumper, snorkel to fit then the OME lift kit and wheels tyres once Jeepey gets the delivery.

a354c95a7302cb307331295f0b490074.jpg

8daf25b0f98082a078d34bc712e18492.jpg

019528e727be86027d1777b8b3342a44.jpg

ca4648f8063b3532df87b67ed242a08c.jpg

29a97b479efe97c0e5e8848b6c441ea4.jpg

e1208750d46a5832e256bcf326205db4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Looks good Darren.

Did you have any problems swapping the bumper? How long did it take you, can you get it all done in a weekend?

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Looks good Darren.

Did you have any problems swapping the bumper? How long did it take you, can you get it all done in a weekend?

Cheers

Tim

Cheers Tim,

I did it Saturday afternoon and it wasn't too bad. It's a bit fiddly aligning the ends but pretty straight forward really. A few things to take note, fit the winch to the main middle bumper section before fitting to vehicle. The two rear bolts that hold the winch are extremely difficult to get to once mounted, even with UJ/wobble sockets. So i fastened it down tight with the bumper off but then it's a two man job to lift it on. It does state in the instructions two others things that need attention. The top two outer holes in the chassis end plates need drilling to 1/2 inch, as it won't align up if not. Also if you have a large winch (instructions say if winch gearbox/motor is larger than 6 1/2" you need to cut/grind out a small cut out section on the top of the chassis end plate. I've maybe made it sound more complicated than it actually is though lol.

Daz

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the heads up Daz, good you got it done in a day. Will probably allow two just in case, don't want to have it in bits on Monday morning when I have to head off to work.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the heads up Daz, good you got it done in a day. Will probably allow two just in case, don't want to have it in bits on Monday morning when I have to head off to work.

Cheers

Tim

Good thinking, when are you fitting it?

• Platinum Member

Thinking of going for May Bank holiday weekend and put the soft top on at the same time. May take some pics and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the pointers.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Thinking of going for May Bank holiday weekend and put the soft top on at the same time. May take some pics and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the pointers.

Cheers

Tim

No problem Tim, look forward to seeing some pics.

Daz

• Platinum Member

However, having read some of the threads going on recently I now have to worry about whether I should fit an isolator for the winch  :icon_rolleyes:  was just going to wire it straight to the battery.......ahh ignorance is bliss.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

However, having read some of the threads going on recently I now have to worry about whether I should fit an isolator for the winch  :icon_rolleyes:  was just going to wire it straight to the battery.......ahh ignorance is bliss.

Cheers

Tim

I have one of these on mine Tim

http://www.goodwinch.com/shop/electrical/safety-cut-out-switch-a-must-for-all-winch-systems/

• Platinum Member

Got the Rugged Ridge XHD rear bumper fitted on this morning. It's starting to take shape now, snorkel, lift kit and wheels/tyres next. Need to order a couple more bits off Andy B at Jeepey then that will do for 2-3 months.

b2c1da61d74016d6d4f496b6faa8ea3f.jpg

b3c0b744d8587715818cb4112e4dd664.jpg

dfcd3e9815a7cbc043ca7164a121ebf5.jpg

83ea505f9e9301f79b491f414626b975.jpg

Daz

• Platinum Member

Looks sweet!  :great:

BTW like the number plate: rock band or gas company??

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Looks sweet!  :great:

BTW like the number plate: rock band or gas

Cheers

Tim

Boc is my nickname from a while back Tim, had the plate years now.

Daz

• Platinum Member

When you move the rear number plate for the XHD bumper is that a mounting kit with light? From Jeepey?

• Platinum Member

The number plate plinth just comes with a bulb and a short wire. Use one of the existing number plate lights and it fits in perfect.  A couple of bolts fasten through the bottom of the plinth and a guide bracket slots in where the black square trim on the pillar. Not too bad [emoji1303]

• Platinum Member

Got the Safari snorkel fitted today. Not too bad a job at all although my air saw decided it had enough of life half way through cutting the hole, bad timing lol. A trip to York was needed to purchase another from Screwfix. Here's some pics of the install.

Daz

IMG_8887.thumb.JPG.fac31061cbfee72f3c1a70287b328b03.JPG

IMG_8888.thumb.JPG.7625d445a2df56bfdbe17ce9635d34a0.JPG

IMG_8889.thumb.JPG.b2d2d78d4aa541bbec8decfa492ad232.JPG

IMG_8893.thumb.JPG.b7e64effe9240232067e45c6f10a0c42.JPG

IMG_8894.thumb.JPG.ef153c97b0158016dc86f7dddf397304.JPG

• Platinum Member

Have you got any photos of the reverse of the bumper, I've the inside. The reason being is that i have a very similar bumper sitting on my drive but no brackets so any idea of what the original brackets look like would be handy.

• Platinum Member

Have you got any photos of the reverse of the bumper, I've the inside. The reason being is that i have a very similar bumper sitting on my drive but no brackets so any idea of what the original brackets look like would be handy.

Hi Rolf no photos of the inside i'm afraid, but here's a link to the bumper on Jeepey's website and scroll down the page and there's a PDF for fitting instructions with a good image of what the brackets look like.

http://shop.jeepey.com/product/rear-bumper-xhd-jk-1154620/

Daz

• Platinum Member

Looking good Daz

got my snorkel sitting in the shed but nervous about drilling the hole dont want too f**k it up

• Platinum Member

Hi Rolf no photos of the inside i'm afraid, but here's a link to the bumper on Jeepey's website and scroll down the page and there's a PDF for fitting instructions with a good image of what the brackets look like.

http://shop.jeepey.com/product/rear-bumper-xhd-jk-1154620/

Daz

m

Thanks

• Platinum Member

Looking good Daz

got my snorkel sitting in the shed but nervous about drilling the hole dont want too f**k it up

I know what you mean Paul lol. Fortunately the template and instructions are spot on so not too bad a job  :great: :great:

Daz

• Platinum Member

Good days work Daz. Looking good.

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.

Cheers Steve  :great:

Daz