Grand Cherokee WJ - Build

TazMann

• Platinum Member

hi tazz it'll be worth the wait mate , me and woody will be thinking of ya Saturday

when were both bogged down and in need of a winch  :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Well the PS Pump has turned up but due to having to work this weekend I am cheating and dropping the WJ off with my brother so he can install it for me and make sure its all working good and propper before the Summer Camp Saturday  :great:

So all being well the WJ will be driveable again and we can look forward to some glorious mud on the  23rd July.

Oh, I must admit, I still haven't wired the lights  :oops: I will try to get them done next weekend though so it's all working for Summer Camp. If not some one can  :slap: sort me out LOL

• Platinum Member

Well the PS Pump has turned up but due to having to work this weekend I am cheating and dropping the WJ off with my brother so he can install it for me and make sure its all working good and propper before the Summer Camp Saturday  :great:

So all being well the WJ will be driveable again and we can look forward to some glorious mud on the  23rd July.

Oh, I must admit, I still haven't wired the lights  :oops: I will try to get them done next weekend though so it's all working for Summer Camp. If not some one can  :slap: sort me out LOL

thats good news on the jeep front taz so long as its running ok you don't need the lights to sling some mud :mdr:

• Platinum Member

Looking really good there Tazman.  :great: Glad that none of the Whitcliff problems were terminal..... what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger eh?  :icon_e_biggrin: Looking forward to seeing it at Devils Pit.

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member
woody-Jeep

Hi taz

Great news on the part turning up, hope this ones not faulty and the fitting goes straight forward for your brother.

Be good to see you back on the mud  :great:

• Platinum Member

Hi taz

Great news on the part turning up, hope this ones not faulty and the fitting goes straight forward for your brother.

Be good to see you back on the mud  :great:

Not gone entirely to plan  :grrrrrr: The pulley from the old one had to be taken off and pushed onto the new pump. The only problem is as he tried to pull it off with his pullers the Plastic wheel separated from the metal collar...........

Now got to wait for a new pulley to turn up gggrrrrr  :diablo:

• Platinum Member
woody-Jeep

Sorry to hear that Si your having a run of bad luck at the mo,  :icon_massacre:

is the pully readily availabe or have you got to wait to have one imported ?

Hope your all sorted in time for summer camp

• Platinum Member

Woody, if the information is correct on Jeepey, it should be here Tuesday  :icon_rolleyes: It says they have them in stock and i have paid for next day delivery..... Fingers crossed it should be here.

• Platinum Member

hi taz hope that's it now and no more bad luck is lurking  :icon_e_sad:, fingers crossed for ya buddie .

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Well I haven't updated this for a while  :gasp:

The Hydraulic fan is now sorted. Seems that it now works properly and is on most of the time, well as soon as the engine is up to temp, The fan kicks in and sounds like a ruddy jet fighter under the bonnet. Not sure i actually like it but hey ho, it how it was designed i guess.

Today i spent a few hours finishing of the wiring for the spot lights, so now we have the light bar and the spots all working, typical bloke, fitted em in June and never got around to wiring them up LOL

No other changes to be fair. Just the lights in time for the darker nights now.

20161022_132305.thumb.jpg.b50c7df74a8cd4f06a47130cd0808a95.jpg

20161022_132316.thumb.jpg.5fd4a831038fcbc1ad63e675697a01ee.jpg

20161022_132337.thumb.jpg.572e5de10406b98914941f25f36f45ac.jpg

• Platinum Member

Nice to see you back in action Si, :great: now let's get a trip sorted out and test those lights  :diablo:

• Platinum Member

I'm up for a trip as soon as you and Raider are  :great: Lets try and get some dates in the diary's. :icon_bounce:

• Platinum Member

I was the same fitted my lights then left them for ages before finally getting around to wiring them up

Only in a Jeep

• Platinum Member

Thanks for all the kind comments guys greatly appreciated.

I dont think there is much left to do now really (Famous last words) to take it any further would require a lot of financial outlay, would rather save up for a JK to build to be fair at this point. But, never say never LOL

Just got to get out and use it now  :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Well the original Exhaust finally gave up the ghost with the box blowing so it was time to replace.

I ordered a Cybox Stainless Cat-Back system and it arrived in 4 days, not too shabby.

Fitted yesterday with the help of my brother. I will say this though, if you buy a Cybox make sure they send the right one. The new box wouldn't fit to the existing pipe. The pipe wasn't swaged enough to be able to fit onto the Y pipe. So seeing as i needed the car we did the next best thing and welded to two sections together. It helps to have a top class welder in the family LOL

The new exhaust allows the car to sound like a V8 at last  :great:Only trouble is i think on a long journey the drone will get to me, just have to wait and see.

• Platinum Member

Nice one Si bet it sounds a beast now......

When are we going out again ?  You missed a good trip to kielder yesterday. Are you going Slindon in Feb or Tong in March

fancy a run out in between xmas and newyear how you fixed

• Platinum Member

hi si , if it sounds as good as woody's you'll never get fed up with noise it makes mate . or should I say music . will you be coming to slindon in feb mate ? you'll have some great fun there  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member

hi si , if it sounds as good as woody's you'll never get fed up with noise it makes mate . or should I say music . will you be coming to slindon in feb mate ? you'll have some great fun there  :icon_e_biggrin:

Woody got a new exhaust as well ??