Grand Cherokee WJ - Build

TazMann

• Platinum Member
6 minutes ago, Fourpot said:

Sad to see the build end. What a journey, but these things are what makes life not just living. New projects, new adventures, new horizons. Or hotels... or....

Could you put all the Jeep drive train under a VW Camper?

Fourpot, if I tried to put the Jeep Drivetrain under the VW I think i could end up divorced 🤣 But maybe a project for the future. In the mean time i am going to need the drive space. But you know what, I wouldn't change anything over the course of the build. I have been so happy with how it all worked out 🤩

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Hi TazMann, saw your jeep on ebay yesturday and she's looking great . But still a very sad day to see her go🥴😭 Can fully understand your reasoning and sometimes the head has to over rule the heart (damn the sensible head 🤔😵) At least you have other plans and will be good to hear about them as they happen 👍

As for "until the mods kick me off for not having a Jeep" Simple answer is go on to "that auction site" buy some good old Jeep bonnet and boot badges (plenty available) and stick them on your new toy - No one will be any the wiser 🤣🤣🤣.  It's the new Jeep T5, it's just like a TJ just a bit different 🤔🤣🤣

I wish i had remembered that you had a roof rack on your Jeep (that fits properly) as I have been looking for one for mine but they seem to be rareer than rocking horse poo, where did you get yours? Maybe should have asked this a while ago 🙄🤔🤣🤣

Please also remember all the people you have helped out with your build thread (me being one of them) and also your very sage advice (yes i listened as well) 👍👍

DON'T BE A STRANGER and wishing you all the best in your future endevors 🤩🤗👍🤩

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 18/06/2021 at 14:54, spookie the aardvark said:

Hi TazMann, saw your jeep on ebay yesturday and she's looking great . But still a very sad day to see her go🥴😭 Can fully understand your reasoning and sometimes the head has to over rule the heart (damn the sensible head 🤔😵) At least you have other plans and will be good to hear about them as they happen 👍

As for "until the mods kick me off for not having a Jeep" Simple answer is go on to "that auction site" buy some good old Jeep bonnet and boot badges (plenty available) and stick them on your new toy - No one will be any the wiser 🤣🤣🤣.  It's the new Jeep T5, it's just like a TJ just a bit different 🤔🤣🤣

I wish i had remembered that you had a roof rack on your Jeep (that fits properly) as I have been looking for one for mine but they seem to be rareer than rocking horse poo, where did you get yours? Maybe should have asked this a while ago 🙄🤔🤣🤣

Please also remember all the people you have helped out with your build thread (me being one of them) and also your very sage advice (yes i listened as well) 👍👍

DON'T BE A STRANGER and wishing you all the best in your future endevors 🤩🤗👍🤩

Spookie,

The Front Runner Slimline II came from Jeepey. I had the full length rack and also the proper roof rails. People say that you can just fit a roof tent (my original plan) to the stanard roof bars and rails but you cannot. They are load tested to only 50kgs or some very low number that I have forgotten. The full Front Runner allows the use of a roof tent and two fully grown adults as it spreads the weight over the entore roof and supports. Its a brilliant bit of kit to be honest.

Spookie i have enjoyed every minute of owning the Jeep. I'll never forget the advice i got when i started the journey and I'll never forget all those that read my epic build LOL Just things change in life and we adapt and move on. MissusT's RA is will not get any better only worse ans she struggles. So something low down was needed. Also with the 2 mad Huskies its just easier being self-contained now. We can go anywhere we like and just Park out of the way for a night if needed. 

I'll be around, not sure about badging her up as a T5J though, think the mods will see through that 🤣

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Hi Taz and thanks for the advice about the roof rack, I will take a look at Jeepey and see how much they want to rob from my wallet  🤑🤣

You are right about life changing and all of us having to adapt in some way, the last year or so has proved that everyone i would think 😷 It's still a huge shame though. I do have a strange sort of feeling that she wont let you go that easily, as i said before on this thread beware the "Christine Syndrome". Just wait for the radio to start playing odd love songs or prosective buyers getting strangled by seat belts 😬😵😱

I don't suppose MissusT would be impressed with me suggesting a big reailer for her and the two mad Huskies??????????????????????? 🤣🤣🤣 Think I will keep that idea to myself so my "gentleman bits" will remain attached 🤣🤞🤣

Still think you should rebadge (or just call it rebranding) your new toy - T5J or TJ5 or WG/J5. It's ok mate the mods are not that smart, they wont ever notice 🤔🤫🤪🤐🤥🤣🤣🤣

And there I go for my first banning 😍🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Spookie, 

Have you noticed that JimC noticed the comments??? I do think the Admins on here are top class and they will spot a re-badge VW T5.... Maybe we need Jeep to actually start producing their own Campervan.... Now that would be worth the wait. LOL

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
12 hours ago, PDB said:

The blueprint and concept have been successfully trialled Taz. Remortgage the house and call Dave Harrington. 😁

Loving that so much ........................... and it's a V8 🤣😍😍😍😍😍😍🤣

It's the way forward Taz ................... and room for 2 mad Huskies 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Well the WJ went to a nice new owner last Friday. He has all of the Build Photos and has had all of the info about what's been done what lubricants etc have been used. He is going to look after it well. To be honest, I don't think he believed me when we spoke about just how good my baby was. 

Guys its been a blast. Loved every minute of my Jeep Journey. Thank you to everyone here that has helped me Members and Admins 👍

Been one of the best owners forums I have ever been apart of. 

Taz

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member

I wish you well for your new adventures. I couldn't find the photo that I took, but on one visit to Moab I came across a guy in VW Synchro on the trails. You can take a guy out of a Jeep, but it's not so easy to take the Jeeper out of a guy (or a girl).

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
On 17/07/2021 at 08:24, TazMann said:

Been one of the best owners forums I have ever been apart of. 

You will be missed and thank you for being a great contributor to our Jeep community.

It is our members that make this club.
We all wish you all the best and I hope that you will stay in touch and maybe in a few months time you will miss owning a Jeep and with the petrol money that you have saved, you can spend it on another Jeep.....

Seriously, all your contributions and especially your WG/WJ build write-up has been a must read which current and future members will find so useful. 

You will be missed

All the best and we hope you will stay in touch

All at in the JOC Team

P.S. I might be selling my 4.7L 60th Anniversary soon if you are interested.......................... Go on, you know you want to

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, JimC said:

You will be missed and thank you for being a great contributor to our Jeep community.

We all wish you all the best and I hope that you will stay in touch and maybe in a few months time you will miss owning a Jeep and with the petrol money that you have saved, you can spend it on another Jeep.....

Seriously, all your contributions and especially your WG/WJ build write-up has been a must read which current and future members will find so useful. 

You will be missed

All at in the JOC Team

P.S. I might be selling my 4.7L 60th Anniversary soon if you are interested.......................... Go on, you know you want to

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😭😭😭

• Platinum Member
11 hours ago, JimC said:

You will be missed

All at in the JOC Team

Jim,

I'll hang around and help anyone out with stuff for the WJ/WG. I got to know them inside and out to be honest LOL 

Thanks for the kind words. However, its not just the members, its the Admin's being as active as they are that make this club. Some clubs/groups just dont have any structure.

As for buying your 4.7..... Not sure that would go down too well at the moment. The wife has a very long list of modifications she wants on the T5, so I think i need to put that first for a while. As for buying a new Jeep..... The only one I would consider is the Wrangler Rubicon 392........ Not sure we will ever see them officially on these shores with the EU still in control via Fiat 😞 We need to have our own access to the US markets. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Marcus, I have moved your question on WJ spare wheel well and what tyres will fit to a new thread here - 

It makes it easier for any other members who have the same question to search for this information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1