Today I have!!!!

Paul103

• Platinum Member

Will this help with keeping my footwells from filling with water!!!!!!        Well here's hoping so :gasp:

As my Jeep can sit for periods outside and after replacing every roof seal possible with genuine Jeep seals, ( I Know its a Jeep thing Leaking) I,m trying this half cover supplied by our good friends at Jeepey ( Thanks guys )

All I have done extra to it is give it a good coating of Fabsil and so far after today's downpour it's looking good.

IMG_0472.thumb.JPG.6728fd8892e448672897e9ec46eeefbd.JPG

• Platinum Member

Hi Bob

Glad you like the cover

To cut a long story short I ordered a cover from Jeepey but they were unsure if it would fit over the Hard top and when it arrived it didn't but it was made of a more substantial material. Any how no problem returning it to Jeepey. While that was happening I found the one I have now and so i just contacted Jeepey and arranged for them to supply and I just payed them the extra!!! save having to do refunds and to keep the order with a club sponsor.

The cover is a Genuine Jeep  Mopar (not cheap) product from the link below if i've done it right!!!  It's made of a lighter material and so packs smaller. The coating it with Fabsil ( I used 3 complete spray Tins) idea comes from camping and not wanting the tent to leak and by the amount i put on I reckon you could float on it LOL.

http://accessories.jeep.co.uk/4-door-wrangler-black-top-half-vehicle-weather-cover

Hope this helps anything else just give me a shout

Paul.

• Platinum Member

Hi Paul,

Yes it looks good.  Let us know if it's really waterproof please.

I've got a garage for my JK but if we go to long distance events and the weather is really bad this could be useful overnight.

Thanks

Chris

• Platinum Member

Hi Chris

Off the shelf I don't think the cover is waterproof, showerproof maybe but with the amount of fabsil I coated it with at the moment the water is just beading off.  So for what you're looking for I would highly recommend and it packs away into a smallish bag.

Let me monitor how its looking as time goes by and i will give more feedback for you!!  but so far I,m pleased with the results, albeit a little on the expensive side.

ps I would love to be able to garage mine :great: